My Keen5 Levelpack

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

My Keen5 Levelpack

Post by DarkAle »

Hi,
My name's Alessandro,if you don't know me.
I've done a Keen 5 Levelpack.Here is the link of download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1eyoyezddch2l ... 5.zip?dl=0

In this mod the map,the level names and the graphics are the same of Keen 5,
but the levels are totaly different.
Have a nice play :D
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: My Keen5 Levelpack

Post by Roobar »

Is this your first level pack/mod?
Ok, I've played through all of the levels and here is what I think. I was stuck at the second level, where I thought it was not manageable, but then I figured it out. Maybe you should put more hints as what were you supposed to go at that one specific location. The level pack was a nice holiday surprise for me and I enjoyed playing almost all of the levels. Probably the secret level is my favorite one. The levels overall are small to medium sized, not too hard as well. Some have interesting designs. Most are with simple destining. 4 levels are the same with little variations. The second time I played a repetitive level, I thought there was something wrong, but then I realized something was different. While this puts an interesting twist to the levels forumula, by the time I've played that same level for the third time, it got too repetitive. The last level also got a few surprises as well and I've managed to beat it as well.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Yes, this is my first levelpack.
I repeated the same level 4 times because I wanted to finish the game a little before Christmas and I didn't have enough time to change these. The levels are also medium in size because I started to know the main secrets of the programs that I used from 1 year ago, however, I am still an amateur in programming. Thanks for the compliments, it was a pleasure to have you satisfied
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

oh, great.

this level pack features a lot of interesting puzzles and challenges. Some levels have really interesting designs. as Roobar already mentioned it the last level comes with a few surprises. I had a good time playing this level pack.
Image Image
Image Image

the Little Ampton seems to be your most favourite creature. These purple robots are all over the place.

do plan to go on working on this pack? It would be great if you turn those four replicas into something unique.

BTW: which level editing tools are you using?

happy modding
out now (link) : Image
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Very nice, Alessandro! A promising debut levelpack, I'm looking forward to more levels by you. :)
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Nisaba wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 14:05 oh, great.

this level pack features a lot of interesting puzzles and challenges. Some levels have really interesting designs. as Roobar already mentioned it the last level comes with a few surprises. I had a good time playing this level pack.
Image Image
Image Image

the Little Ampton seems to be your most favourite creature. These purple robots are all over the place.

do plan to go on working on this pack? It would be great if you turn those four replicas into something unique.

happy modding
I'm using Abiathar and I'm making a second version.
I've also an idea for a K6 levelpack
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bonevelous »

Alessandro wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 18:29 Hi,
My name's Alessandro,if you don't know me.
I've done a Keen 5 Levelpack.Here is the link of download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1eyoyezddch2l ... 5.zip?dl=0

In this mod the map,the level names and the graphics are the same of Keen 5,
but the levels are totaly different.
Have a nice play :D
This sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a shot :)
Check out Flixxy the Fox: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6378

DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Grandy02 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 15:04 Very nice, Alessandro! A promising debut levelpack, I'm looking forward to more levels by you. :)
Nisaba wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 14:05 oh, great.

Image Image
Image Image

happy modding
Roobar wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:08 Is this your first level pack/mod?
Ok, I've played through all of the levels and here is what I think. I was stuck at the second level, where I thought it was not manageable, but then I figured it out. Maybe you should put more hints as what were you supposed to go at that one specific location. The level pack was a nice holiday surprise for me and I enjoyed playing almost all of the levels. Probably the secret level is my favorite one. The levels overall are small to medium sized, not too hard as well. Some have interesting designs. Most are with simple destining. 4 levels are the same with little variations. The second time I played a repetitive level, I thought there was something wrong, but then I realized something was different. While this puts an interesting twist to the levels forumula, by the time I've played that same level for the third time, it got too repetitive. The last level also got a few surprises as well and I've managed to beat it as well.
Sorry very much. I had a little problem with abiathar that made the level pack unplayable. I'm so sorry that I tell you this only now, but I was trying to take the first steps towards creating new graphics. I must download again the level pack and make new levels,if I'll have enough time