Keen Awards 2019: Winners

See the 2023 Keen Awards winners!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen Awards 2019: Winners

Post by Roobar »

That Cacodemon trophy is awesome as well!

I saw Fleexy visiting the forum yesterday, but he is quiet lately. And by lately I mean the past year or so.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Official Trophies are UP!

Grandy02 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 20:24 I might ask Lava89 whether he would give out the source files for the trophies, so one could at least print out a trophy for themselves.
Here is a link to the Keen models used:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4un6fcj5hdbc3 ... s.zip?dl=1

If anyone wants to try 3D printing them, please let me know and I can work with you on getting the models to print correctly (I've never 3D Printed anything, so it would be a good experience).
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Lava89 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 22:19 Official Trophies are UP!

Grandy02 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 20:24 I might ask Lava89 whether he would give out the source files for the trophies, so one could at least print out a trophy for themselves.
Here is a link to the Keen models used:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4un6fcj5hdbc3 ... s.zip?dl=1

If anyone wants to try 3D printing them, please let me know and I can work with you on getting the models to print correctly (I've never 3D Printed anything, so it would be a good experience).
fantastic job! thanks a thousand!
this is pure eye candy!
out now (link) : Image
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Hello
I received my Yorp statue in the mail today but it keeps saying it's unfortunate I don't understand SGA.

What's SGA? :confused
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Is it serious question?
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Lava89 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 22:19 Official Trophies are UP!
Again, the trophies are excellent! :drool Thank you very much, Lava89. I updated the links in the first post.
Real-life versions of them would be really cool...
troublesomekeen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:13 Hello
I received my Yorp statue in the mail today but it keeps saying it's unfortunate I don't understand SGA.

What's SGA? :confused
Luckily, you didn't receive a Garg statue... But wait a sec, they sent you the wrong trophy! Someone else must have your one now which is persistently saying "swim swim hungry."
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Great work on the organization of "Keen Awards 2019", including the separation into the differing categories and the work on the trophies.

Given my relative lack of Keen-related activity these years (e.g., modding or work on tools), it's a bit surprising that I've become a part of this as well. Well, OK, there's szemi's "BioMenace 1 Gold Edition" modification using patching work of mine (partially based on earlier work done for "Mangle is back from the dead"), albeit most of the time such patches were used was during 2020, I think. I also had this really minor update to ModId and the Mercurial-to-git migration of the Bitbucket-hosted CKPatch repository, but they both occurred during 2020.

As for this one "unreachable" lollipop in Keen 1's 4th level, someone identified as Cookiebot wanted to get maximum score, and asked in the PCKF Discord if the lollipop could be collected.

I told that after retrying this on different occasions in the past, I considered it impossible without observing a proof of the opposite; I did add, though, that using a slow PC or reducing the emulated cycles amount in DOSBox could assist. I did recall the jump height not necessarily being always the same, at least from when I worked on Chocolate Keen. Or maybe I thought about a glitch related to use of the pogo while in god mode, occasionally getting into a tile that should otherwise block.

Either way, following Cookiebot's query and my response, I experimented with the DOSBox cycles count a bit, eventually leading to the desired outcome.

Thanks again for the work on "Keen Awards 2019". Further thanks to all other participants, and also to the ones who voted for me, of course.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Woo-hoo! Thanks to all of those who voted for The Mortrix and Quillax Ship, as well as my Mario-and-Keen crossover drawing (which had a close match with the Yorp and Garg cosplayers). I'd also like to thank Grandy02 for nominating me for Keenest Person of the Year! That was a great feeling, even if I ended up getting zero votes. :lol I'm honored to see that I won two awards!

Congratulations to all of the other winners! Grandy02 did a great job at organizing the event and the trophies Lava89 made are SICK! Those are really well made! Grandy02 and Lava89, do you two mind if I host the trophies I earned on my website?

It's great to see the Keen Awards make a return, one that's successful after all those attempted revivals! I hope next year's Keen Awards will be even better!
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Quillax wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:37 Grandy02 did a great job at organizing the event and the trophies Lava89 made are SICK! Those are really well made! Grandy02 and Lava89, do you two mind if I host the trophies I earned on my website?
Thanks, it was fun to do that. Regarding the trophies, that's fine by me. I don't know about Lava89, but I can't imagine that he would mind (as long as he gets credit). After all, those trophies are intended to be "taken" by the winners. Some people used the Keen Awards 2002 trophies at their websites or as an avatar or icon back then.
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

That's good to know! I know Andrew Durdin put his trophy from Keen Awards 2002 into his website, and I think someone else had a trophy as their avatar (I forgot that person's name). Well, I have taken my trophies and then uploaded them into my website several days ago, right at its second anniversary! :yorp :pogo

Lava89 should at least get nominated in Keen Awards 2020 -- he sure put a lot of hard work on the trophies! :)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Quillax wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 15:09 That's good to know! I know Andrew Durdin put his trophy from Keen Awards 2002 into his website, and I think someone else had a trophy as their avatar (I forgot that person's name). Well, I have taken my trophies and then uploaded them into my website several days ago, right at its second anniversary! :yorp :pogo

Lava89 should at least get nominated in Keen Awards 2020 -- he sure put a lot of hard work on the trophies! :)
Thank you so much! Feel free to host the trophies! (sorry for being "late to the party" haha).