New audio recording of a Commander Keen 4 song

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
poncije
Grunt

Re: New audio recording of a Commander Keen 4 song

Post by poncije »

Thanks guys. Any wishes for our next project? :love

Also, it would mean a lot if you could subscribe on our channel, we are trying to hit the 1000 mark so the monetization processing kicks in. :begging
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

oh yeah! we can add a wish list. that's exciting. what about...
Tropical Ghost Oasis
:begging
I'm really curious about how you gonna re-arrange this fine tune.
out now (link) : Image
poncije
Grunt

Post by poncije »

Nisaba wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:32 Tropical Ghost Oasis
That's a really good one! Excited to hear how it turns out!!!
We could do a wish list, but we could also do a pool or something - My origianl Idea was to go and publish the song on bandcamp bundeled as 5 song EP's. So with this one it's 2 more to go.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Amazing stuff with the Keen6 Guard Post One song (yes my paltry channel is the source of the request). If you get an EP out I'll definitely buy! Also, is it Croatia you come from? Perhaps in some future time I could catch a show of yours if I travel to that region! Of course if you worked up a repertoire of game soundtrack staples from that era, you could probably tour various gaming nostalgia venues (the likes of Token, one such place in Dublin where your instrumentations of keen tracks would definitely be appreciated).
poncije
Grunt

Post by poncije »

Benvolio wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 Also, is it Croatia you come from? Perhaps in some future time I could catch a show of yours if I travel to that region!
Yup! But from the north (Varaždin, Čakovec, Zagreb, Karlovac). If you you do come buy, please give me a heads up so we can go grab a beer or something. :crazy

When the album is up, I will post it around here somewhere...
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Oh man, if you guys did Eat Your Vegetables I would be stoked. Absolutely stoked.

(For the record, I'm Kai Lucien Lowell over on the tubes of you, if you hadn't guessed.)
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I'm really torn on the Guard Post mix. It's got a delicious sort of ToeJam&Earl feel to it; but it's so very different from the original tune, which is very dear to my heart. I kept hoping that the bass would bust out the heavy-swung octaves as a callback, but it never came.

Nice work, either way! The solo was fun--the breakdowns in the middle of the piece are really where you guys shine. :)

Given your instrumentation, I think you guys could do great things with the Security Center theme (Jazz Me). It's my least favorite Keen music, but with a proper remix I could see it being fantastic!

Probably the most challenging remixes would be Bloogfoods (Metal) and Too Hot (though there's some great potential for really off-the-rails solo direction there, given the limited palette...)

More realistic suggestions would be Sphereful with my Diamonds (one of my favorites for sure) and/or the Gravitational Damping Hub (Snoopin'). :)

Thanks for sharing and being awesome!
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I don't know if Metal from Keen 6 would suit this instrumentation style, but it's one of my favorite Keen tracks, so I'd love to hear it covered.

I think two of the most underrated tracks are "Having Tea With Little Ampton," the Keen 5 scrolling Stars War story music, and "A Shikadi Aire," the Keen 5 help music. I'm not sure if I know of a single remix of either, so they might be neat to hear.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
poncije
Grunt

Post by poncije »

OK GUYS, YOU READY? :dead2

https://youtu.be/5HqH7fg_iws

Thanks for all the input. We will take into consideration what fits the style we are doing. And thanks again for all the support.
Lunick
Vortininja

Post by Lunick »

These are so amazing :love
Lunick is Here
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Oh my garg. The build up to the ending is sublime. That's an immediate second play for me. :berkeloid_flame_toss:
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Trombone being king, aaaaaand bass noodles!? I am a happy Xky. :) Holy fucl, guys, that's a Keen remix!
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I'm loving these remixes! Nothing like good ol' jazz (assuming that's what it is)! I can't wait for your upcoming remixes! Are there any downloads for these available?
Roobar wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:40 I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we should make one topic Keen 2020 Award Nominees so everyone could put their nominations from now until the actual awards. That way we'll have more nominations and we won't miss things that are worth nominating.
Haha, same here! That does sound like an interesting idea. Only concerns I have is that people might constantly change their mind about their nominations as new stuff comes in and whether we have enough people to make voting for polls with like 20 nominations each work. (I think phpBB does have a limit to how many choices you can put into a poll, but there are other poll sites too.) I would continue this discussion in a new topic though.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

dude, this is incredible! just take my money. can't wait to purchase the full album
out now (link) : Image
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Nisaba wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:38 dude, this is incredible! just take my money. can't wait to purchase the full album
I would definitely purchase an album, as well. :)