New PCKF Logo

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.

How do you like the current look and feel of our forum?

we need a completely new colour scheme
26%
let's have a new logo
42%
I like it just the way it is
6%
I want the old theme back
13%
dunno
No votes
Shikadi
13%

Total votes: 31

Nisaba
Janitress

New PCKF Logo

Post by Nisaba »

I think it's about time to enhance and update our forum logo.
I don't mind to keep a simplistic / basic theme but at the same time the plane PCKF lettering seems to be a bit dull to me.

so, here is my proposal: Image

please let me know, what you think about "pimping" the look and feel of our beloved forum. do you think we should keep things the way they are? or should we even transform the appearance from ground up? and what would you like to change? what should stay? I'm curious.
out now (link) : Image
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Re: New PCKF Logo

Post by DarkAle »

Nisaba wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 I think it's about time to enhance and update our forum logo.
I don't mind to keep a simplistic / basic theme but at the same time the plane PCKF lettering seems to be a bit dull to me.

please let me know, what you think about "pimping" the look and feel of our beloved forum. do you think we should keep things the way they are? or should we even transform the appearance from ground up? and what would you like to change? what should stay? I'm curious.
It's so cool
Last edited by DarkAle on Mon Jan 03, 2022 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Bonevelous
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bonevelous »

Nisaba wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 I think it's about time to enhance and update our forum logo.

I like it a lot. Very cute.
Check out Flixxy the Fox: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6378

Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Lovely homage to the often-forgotten Keen6 Demo. This yorp logo definitely should be used. Overall though, the old colour schemes were great and it would be nice to have them back!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Very nice work Nisaba. I'm all for a new logo and a more customised theme.

Given the artistic talent of this community, it would also be cool to have multiple different logos which load at random with the page. It isn't hard to do on a technical front, but we'd have to set some guidelines for dimensions, colours etc so they don't conflict with a future new theme. If people like that idea, my suggestion is varying what's sitting on/interacting with the sign in Nisaba's lovely design; that way the sign remains consistent but there's some creative variety too.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
55Aavenue
Vortininja

Post by 55Aavenue »

I like Keening_Product's idea!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

If the light is coming from the top right, then maybe it should be like this:

Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

The new logo idea is cute, and KP's idea is pretty neat as well.

I remember the old colour scheme, and I feel it was a bit more on point than this one. This one is inoffensive but also rather generic. Though, if someone can come up with an even better colour scheme than the old one, that would be nice, too.
kvee
Vortininja

Post by kvee »

Pouet successfully uses rotating logos. Though Nisaba's logo idea is cute! :]
Awesome-Keener
Vortininja

Post by Awesome-Keener »

I like it. I think it would be great for the forum to have a new look.

Keening_Product wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 13:23 my suggestion is varying what's sitting on/interacting with the sign in Nisaba's lovely design; that way the sign remains consistent but there's some creative variety too.
I also like this idea a lot.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Roobar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 18:57 If the light is coming from the top right, then maybe it should be like this:

Now it looks like someone misspelled FUCL. :P

I like it, we should include it in the lineup.
Tormentor667
Vortininja

Post by Tormentor667 »

Very cool proposals :) and we need a new color scheme, really. The current standard is ... well, boring :(
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Current one was only ever meant to be a temporary solution - was put in quickly when Fleex took over hosting. If anyone has a suggestion which phpBB theme we should use, or if anyone has the time and skills to put together one (I looked at doing this a couple of years ago and it seems fairly easy, I just don't have the time anymore), please let us know! We've discussed themes many times but that never gets anywhere because nobody goes beyond discussing it haha

Also, what process are we going to use to decide what we're happy with as a group? Do we run a poll for a few months or something to get the opinions of as many members as possible? Conscious many long-term members might only check in occasionally. (Tho in their case, if they hate it they only have to put up with it very occasionally :mortlol )
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

thanks guys for your brisk participation.
due to the (intermediate) result of our poll I'd suggest to start with the logo first. it is also the least complicated task. only a simple graphics switch, if I'm not mistaken. Based on the fact that you @Keen_Product are equipped with admin privileges I'd like to hand over the task of swapping the logo to you. I've quickly merged both Roobar's and my version plus mirrored the result so that Yorp is now facing towards the middle of the page.

On a later step we could collect further logo variations made by the community. I have put together a quick and dirty list of ideas that popped up on the forums over the years. Like Keen_Product suggested and a couple of members agreed we can make them fit with the main sign idea posted above. And yeah, it does make sense to define some guidelines for dimensions, colours etc.
but for now let's take some action and start with the Yorp logo first!

Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image
Keening_Product wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 23:51
Last edited by Nisaba on Fri May 22, 2020 6:45, edited 2 times in total.
out now (link) : Image
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Nisaba wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:53 thanks guys for your brisk participation.
due to (intermediate) result of the poll I'd suggest to start with the logo first. it is also the least complicated task. only a simple graphics switch, if I'm not mistaken. Based on the fact that you @Keen_Product are equipped with admin privileges I'd like to hand over the task of swapping the logo to you. I quickly merged both Roobar's and my version plus mirrored the result so that Yorp is now facing towards the middle of the page.

On a later step, we could collect further logo variations made by the community. I have put together a quick and dirty list of ideas that popped up on the forums over the years. Like Keen_Product suggested and a couple of members agreed we can make them fit with the main sign idea posted above. And yeah, it does make sense to define some guidelines for dimensions, colours etc.
but for now let's take some action and start with the Yorp logo first!

Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image . . . . . . Image
Wow. I like all of these
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031