Patch to change the tiles that slide down when a door is opened in Keen 1?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Patch to change the tiles that slide down when a door is opened in Keen 1?

Post by entropicdecay »

Hey, does anybody know if there's a patch to change what tiles a door in Keen 1 shows sliding down when it's opened? I see on KeenWiki that by default the bottom of the door is the tile next to the top of the door in the tileset. In my tileset I have the bottoms of the doors below the tops in the tileset rather than next to because I didn't realise this, so I was wondering if there was a patch to make them look right when opened now or if I'm going to have to move the tiles and redo the tileinfo.

Edit: I expect somebody is going to say this topic belongs on Keen:Modding, but unfortunately I have found myself unable to log into my account on there anymore.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Re: Patch to change the tiles that slide down when a door is opened in Keen 1?

Post by entropicdecay »

Sorry, never mind, I found the "doors vanish instantly" patch so the issue is resolved. Sorry for posting a topic prematurely.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Hey no problem! It's nice knowing you're working on a mod!
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Roobar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 16:04 Hey no problem! It's nice knowing you're working on a mod!
Yeah I'm giving making another mod a try. Though if you assume I'll never finish it, then you can be pleasantly surprised if I do instead of disappointed if I don't. :p