Yes, I've just thought about the most ridiculous plot ever.

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Dynamo
Vorticon Elite

Yes, I've just thought about the most ridiculous plot ever.

Post by Dynamo »

Command & Conquer universe

The Soviet Union invented a time machine to remove all of his enemies from the time line. America, Japan, they're all gone, now the whole world is ruled by Cherdenko and his two advisors Yuri and Kane. But something goes wrong. the Time Machine starts to open weird gates and two big gates are opened in europe. One of them links to Phobos, and from it hordes of demons come. The other one links to Vorticon VI, and the Vorticons decide to invade the Earth. NOW THREE FACTIONS FIGHT EACH OTHER FOR WORLD DOMINATION: THE SOVIET UNION, THE DEMONS (with the help of the doomguy and osama bin laden for some reason) AND THE VORTICONS (with the help of commander keen and mortimer mcmire)!!!!!

God, this is so retarded that it makes me want to cry. Rofl.

Just imagine: Russian apocalypse tanks fightning cyberdemons while keen is using his pogo stick and stunning fucl everything.

The game should look like this:http://api.ning.com/files/sZkpCeeOb1ZAN ... rtians.jpg Just replace the retarded monsters with vorticons/demons and you get the idea.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

For Doomguy and bin Laden to both be on the demon's side, we could just say both of them are possessed.
Mort and Keen on the same side, however... maybe Mort managed to slip a mind belt on Keen and is using both of their intellects as assets in his big bad plans for the universe as we know it? Only in an experiment he discovered there are OTHER universes, so he wants to destroy those and get back to destroying his own as fast as possible.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Re: Yes, I've just thought about the most ridiculous plot ev

Post by Galaxieretter »

CKeen666 wrote:now the whole world is ruled by Cherdenko and his two advisors Yuri and Kane.
HA! I can just imagine what that would look like.
CKeen666 wrote:Just imagine: Russian apocalypse tanks fightning cyberdemons while keen is using his pogo stick and stunning fucl everything.
That might actually be a pretty kickass mod for RA2. Now if only I could figure out how to mod RA2. :rolleyes
Hell vs the pseudo Soviet Union vs... Aliens... no, Vorticons.

I wonder who would win.
Vorticon Elite: Activate the Tantalus rays!
Vorticons: *win*
CKeen666 wrote:fucl
NICE! :lol
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Maybe the Vorticon Mothership would be a special ability Vorticons could activate if they lasted about an hour into a battle. A gigantic shadow would roll over the map and everything would be enveloped in a green apocalyptic conflagration.

Come to think of it, maybe it would be a structure that would take a ridiculous amount of time and resources to build--you could call it a "homing beacon" or something silly like that. That way the game wouldn't be just a kill all Vorticons within the hour, then deal with the other enemy faction thing.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

It may be an extraordinarily silly plot, but I have faith in the superior minds of the gaming industy that they will sometime make a game of it.
I guess a plot which nobody wants to see a strategy game of would be: The soviets built a time machine and erased all their enemies from history. No they're ruling everything, so you got endless credits in every level, can build all tanks, and you don't have to worry about any enemy, because there is none.

Edit: And, oh yeah, I'd like to see that RA2 mod too.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Rofl. That's hilarious, tulip.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Tulip's silly plot might actually be great for some other, more story-driven plots. Or a strategy game that somehow doesn't involve fighting an enemy. :p
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

I could see how it could work as a balanced three-faction RTS, though.
Not like I want to see some sort of Starcraft clone, but an innovative entry into the RTS arena would be great, even if rather silly like this one's looking.
I say "arena" and not "market" because it's rather obvious nobody but indie developers would pick the plot up.
Idea: what if instead of Soviets vs. demons vs. Keeniverse, it's a war of game companies that finally managed to bring their creations to life?
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Deltamatic wrote:Not like I want to see some sort of Starcraft clone, but an innovative entry into the RTS arena would be great, even if rather silly like this one's looking.
Or how about just more of the same because they don't make C&C like they used to.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Perhaps because the question would arrive, 'why play this when you can simply play C&C?'.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Because you've already completed the game...

On the hardest difficulty.

More than once.

And you still want more. That's why you play skirmishes and mods. That's why you would buy say... the third installments of the Command and Conquer series but then you find out they put restrictions on the...

There are two game companies that have MADE games like "Command and Conquer." That is Westwood Studios and Blizzard. Blizzard has good game play but their game depth is incredibly shallow. Westwood Studios on the other hand... has an incredible amount of depth for their games *cough used to* plus a fantastic interface and gameplay.

Now I KNOW there are other real time strategy games out there. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few. But when you get right down to it those are the only two game companies that made the genera. Now they don't even make games true to their own style.

That's why I want more of the same.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Shallow game depth? How so?

I agree with the rest. Since RA2, Westwood's games have really lost their charm. As for Blizzard, from the games I've played they have kept a pretty solid production quality at least.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

I can't explain it without typing a LOT of text.

Pretty much, Blizzard's game always have an air of "vagueness" about them. Diablo 2? That's the best example I can think of. "Whack whack, here's some gold." Right? It's fun, but shallow.

Westwood, Dune 2, Dune the book. Depth, about 2 inches of it.

But to be fair Starcraft is pretty much "Starship Troopers, the Computer Game."

Also, I never played Nox, always wanted to but never did, so I don't know how shallow that game is.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Well since the Diablo franchise consists of RPGs, it's difficult to compare it to any of Westwood's RTSes. I was never a fan of Diablo, nor RPGs in general, pretty much because of all the complicated leveling up process and whatnot. The mindlessness of "Whack whack, here's some gold" kind of amuses me.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Starcraft has an extremely well designed interface, and at least patch 1.16 is pretty flawless concerning bugs. And it can easily be modded. I could very well serve as a basis for such a game. (The one suggested a few posts earlier)

I'd love to see a Starcraft mod based on the Keeniverse. Think of the possibilities: Shikadi versus Vorticons versus Vegetables!
Image You crack me up little buddy!