I need composers for my mod

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

I need composers for my mod

Post by DarkAle »

Hi everyone I'd like to ask the Keen Community composers for help. Since Mr. M, XkyRauh and kvee don't answer me, why not write a public post. I don't want 55Aavenue to be too busy, so I need at least one other composer. Any help is accepted

P. S. I eliminated the P. M. to them because they didn't answer me
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Re: I need composers for my mod

Post by entropicdecay »

Do you need IMF files (I assume so for a Keen mod)? What kind of music are you looking for, any specific instructions on the style?
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

entropicdecay wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 17:17 Do you need IMF files (I assume so for a Keen mod)? What kind of music are you looking for, any specific instructions on the style?
I want to create style like Atroxian Realm, a style that proves to be in a rural landscape and then in an artificial one for a Keen 6 mod. See my screenshots on the Keen 14 topic in the Unofficial Keen Games
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

DarkAle wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 16:41 P. S. I eliminated the P. M. to them because they didn't answer me
How'd you do that? You shouldn't be able to delete posts from other users' inboxes. If this actually is the case please let us know because that's a huge problem.

Just a note: don't take someone not replying to a DM personally, and especially don't put them on blast for it. Other people have their own lives, projects, and priorities, and a message from a stranger on a game forum asking them to contribute labour is, understandably, unlikely to get a response. It's not personal, they just don't have the time to respond.

Glad to see your public post got a curious reaction :)
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I think he just deleted the outbox messages. You know, unlike email, if you send a message to a person here and if hat person does not enter the forum, then the message just stays in outbox unsent. And you can delete outbox messages without that person ever knowing it was pm'd.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Roobar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:27 I think he just deleted the outbox messages. You know, unlike email, if you send a message to a person here and if hat person does not enter the forum, then the message just stays in outbox unsent. And you can delete outbox messages without that person ever knowing it was pm'd.
not so sure about that. I think I remember receiving a notification that a certain pm got deleted by the author of the message. IIRC there is some kind of notification system... well, I guess we need to test that out.
Keening_Product wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:49 How'd you do that? You shouldn't be able to delete posts from other users' inboxes. If this actually is the case please let us know because that's a huge problem.
so, for testing purposes I just sent you a pm and deleted it afterwards. let`s see how that turns out...
Last edited by Nisaba on Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
out now (link) : Image
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Nisaba wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:41
Roobar wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:27 I think he just deleted the outbox messages. You know, unlike email, if you send a message to a person here and if hat person does not enter the forum, then the message just stays in outbox unsent. And you can delete outbox messages without that person ever knowing it was pm'd.
not so sure about that. I think I remember recieving a notification that a certain pm got deleted by the author of the message. IIRC there is some kind of notification system... well, I guess we need to test that out.
Keening_Product wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:49 How'd you do that? You shouldn't be able to delete posts from other users' inboxes. If this actually is the case please let us know because that's a huge problem.
so, for testing purposes I just send you a pm and deleted it afterwards. let`s see how that turns out...
OFF TOPIC:

Probably I deleted the sent message by me but not the message in kvee's inbox because he answered me yesterday.
Just a note: don't take someone not replying to a DM personally, and especially don't put them on blast for it. Other people have their own lives, projects, and priorities, and a message from a stranger on a game forum asking them to contribute labour is, understandably, unlikely to get a response. It's not personal, they just don't have the time to respond.
Sorry. When I write a PM I often have a reply in 24 hours and rarely I have a reply in some days.

P. S The first time when I had a reply in some days was a week ago while I requested some work to 55Aavenue
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Oh neat, I didn't know the messages system worked like this. I'm aware my question about PMs took us off topic so will keep my reply about Nisaba's test brief: got a notification for a message from Nisaba, but the subject and contents just say it was deleted by sender.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
kvee
Vortininja

Post by kvee »

Keening_Product wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:49 Just a note: don't take someone not replying to a DM personally, and especially don't put them on blast for it. Other people have their own lives, projects, and priorities, and a message from a stranger on a game forum asking them to contribute labour is, understandably, unlikely to get a response. It's not personal, they just don't have the time to respond.
100% this. Definitely don't appreciate being put on the spot for replying after 2 days.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

kvee wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 22:11
Keening_Product wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:49 Just a note: don't take someone not replying to a DM personally, and especially don't put them on blast for it. Other people have their own lives, projects, and priorities, and a message from a stranger on a game forum asking them to contribute labour is, understandably, unlikely to get a response. It's not personal, they just don't have the time to respond.
100% this. Definitely don't appreciate being put on the spot for replying after 2 days.
Sorry. Because when I send a pm I got a reply in 24 hours