Comander Keen or Mortimer McMire?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.

Commander Keen or Mortimer McMire?

Commander Keen!
50%
Mortimer McMire!
50%

Total votes: 24

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

CKeen666 wrote:
VikingBoyBilly wrote:
CKeen666 wrote:Commander Keen simply because Mortimer failed too many times to achieve his objective when commander keen always won, this means commander keen is better : P
If you'd been paying attention I'm sure you noticed all of mort's "failures" were really just fake plans manipulating keen to bide time for his real plan. So he hasn't "failed" yet... :mort
He really could have destroyed the universe once and for all by simply not letting keen know about his plan : P
Lol true, Mort has a lot of hubris that way. But how do we know his plan to destroy the universe isn't just another distraction from an even bigger plan? :mort
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Because that's what Mortimer wants you to think. But when you get right down to it the "plan for the even BIGGER plan" thing is just all a bluff.

It's just whenever Mortimer McMire's plans get foiled he then goes off and THEN makes an even BIGGER plan than last time.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Besides, his vast schemes are probably too well-orchestrated for Keen to discover them unless he deliberately leaks information. I bet he does it to give Keen a fighting chance and enjoy watching him as he valiantly pogoes. After all, what's a villain without a hero?
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Not so. You see, the only reason why Commander Keen knew about the Vorticons is because they stole parts for his ship while he was on Mars. This is probably because Commander Keen would probably have noticed the ship if he wasn't marooned one way or another. (Why they just didn't blast him like in "Mort's" comic is beyond me.) But since he DID find all the parts for the Bean with Bacon he DID notice the Vorticon Mothership and promptly eliminated the threat.

In Keen 4 it was by sheer accident that Commander Keen received those radio transmissions via his shortwave,
Er, I mean the Photachyon Transceiver,
tipping him off to the Shikadi's plans. If he hadn't of completed the Photachyon Transceiver then the shikadi would probably have destroyed the galaxy.

It wasn't until the end of Commander Keen 5 that Mortimer McMire says anything to Commander Keen letting him know of his plan. And even then the details are sketchy. He wasn't like "HAHA! I'm going to be HERE at SUCH AND SUCH a date with THIS machine and there is nothing you can do to stop me Commander CLOWN!"
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

However, he was tipping off Keen with his letter--you've got to admit that. And the Shikadi transmission was more gloating that anything else, and I wonder if Mort staged it because he figured Keen would've invented an FTL communicator by then.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

:mortlol Mortimer is winning! :mort
By ONE POINT, isn't that right mister THREE FOURTEEN.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Thanks for my first good laugh of the day, Galaxie. :lol
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Two points now, it would have been hilarious if the votes were Keen: 3 Mort: 15.

I vote for Mort of course, us girls like bad boys. Also, his ship is HUGE.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

The only Mortimer ship I can think of is the Vorticon Mothership, which was actually made by ACME if the blueprints are right.
And 'sides, wouldn't the cozy BwB be more romantic?
Or is Keen too heroic to be available?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

1.) Vorticon Mothership
2.) Omegamatci

They're both pretty big and comfy. Whereas the Bwb has only one (Read that, ONE) seat, it'd be more than cozy, it'd be cramped. (And nobody wants to get romantic with Keen, he's 8 years old.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Mortimer is eight as well, most likely. At least they both went to the same elementary school. That would make him quite probably be pre-adolescent as well.
And besides, was I the one who brought up this whole romance-with-the-poll-options angle? :p
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

Levellass wrote:Also, his ship is HUGE.
In outer space the weight of a man depends on the size of his ship.