PCKF timeline?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 19:29, edited 2 times in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Before 2000 at least. It seems I couldn't find anyone with enough information when I started that page. :(
matonen
Vortininja

Post by matonen »

Damn, this place's older than I thought! Wish I had found it earlier...
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

This forum has existed in one form or another at least as far back as 1997; that's the year when I first stumbled upon it. Just looking at the cc314 wiki page, right now cc314 was founded on June 14, 1997 so I would imagine that ckeen (InsideTheWeb message board 5517) was founded not too long after, if not the very same day.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Spikenexus
Vortininja

Post by Spikenexus »

Would the various Keen Awards held be worthy of note in/on a timeline? Or the few 24-Hours-of-Keen competitions that were held occasionally back in 2004 - 2005?

Does anyone have any records of when each of those took place? I was going through the old PCKF board recently and as far back as I could get was late December 2004 (haven't checked the internet achieve yet). I think there was a specific Keen Awards subforum, which was erased after each awards had finished, so that's probably not much help.

I remember there was a lot of stuff happening not long after TMST's arrival, such as the Keen Community Calendar. If anyone's got a copy of that calendar, it'd be great to see again :old
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Spikenexus wrote:Would the various Keen Awards held be worthy of note in/on a timeline? Or the few 24-Hours-of-Keen competitions that were held occasionally back in 2004 - 2005?

Does anyone have any records of when each of those took place? I was going through the old PCKF board recently and as far back as I could get was late December 2004 (haven't checked the internet achieve yet). I think there was a specific Keen Awards subforum, which was erased after each awards had finished, so that's probably not much help.

I remember there was a lot of stuff happening not long after TMST's arrival, such as the Keen Community Calendar. If anyone's got a copy of that calendar, it'd be great to see again :old
I think the only solution for this are the Internet Archive links I posted. Also, here is the message board before ezBoard (OLD :old):
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.inside ... i/mb332957

For the sake of completeness, the old address of Geoff's Commander Keen Page aka CC314:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.users. ... n/keen.htm

And what was one of only two Keen fansites Geoff found before he started his site:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www ... index.html ("How to Make Commander Keen Sounds!" :lol)
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
ckGeoff
Vortininja

Post by ckGeoff »

Haha! This is crazy reading this stuff..!
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

You need to mention at the end of the timeline that BlueGasMask joins and everyone dies :p
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Thus revealing that most of us had actually been NPCs within the universe of a funky tabletop RPG set in the internet this entire time.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Back in the 90s, there were at least three message boards:
Geoff's message board, Gert's message board, and the Vorticon1 message board (I have no idea where that came from, but it was linked to on Gert's site, and I remember posting on it at least once.). These were all hosted on insidetheweb, and were lost when it went down. :/
QU3TZ4LC04TL
Vortininja

Post by QU3TZ4LC04TL »

I was here under a different username on the old ezboard forum. I used to be Xirdneh in my younger days. Boy I was keen on keen. I remember someone making a flash series called, The Shadowlands. I was given the honor of doing two voices for episode 2! (shameless self plug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nJ1sRov ... re=related) Some of your names I recognize, others are new. I was more of a troll those days.. well I still mostly just troll.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

In another thread someone mentioned that Tom Hall busted an imposter? Maybe that's notable?
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

No no, there were multiple impostor Tom Halls. As KR says, real Tom Hall has never posted here (as far as we know...).
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

kr is tom hall =p
nothing usefull here
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Mink wrote:No no, there were multiple impostor Tom Halls. As KR says, real Tom Hall has never posted here (as far as we know...).
I thought the real Tom Hall posted once? :confused