Elevators in Keen:Next

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Elevators in Keen:Next

Post by thehackercat »

I need some help in Keen:Next editor. I can't get elevators to work properly, and I need to know how!!!

:drool
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

It's easier to help if you explain what the problem is, other than 'it doesn't work'. How are the elevators not working?
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Elevator madness

Post by thehackercat »

Well, I just don't know how to use them.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

ok; have you read this? viewtopic.php?t=784&start=0

and more specifically, this:
Now lets take a look at that switch next to the the Madmushroom in the lower left. For a fast way to learn where this sprite connects to without using the cog tool, hold you mouse over this sprite. See where it gives you the normal tile location (8, 52 for this one), glance to the right of this and you'll notice that there is also a 22, 39. This is the location this sprite connections to. If you go to coord 22, 39, you'll see that a sprites sits there. This type of sprite is a block for elevator sprites (both of which are placeable in the sprites menu). You can create your own switches following the same guidelines as this.

Placing an elevator requires the elevator sprite and two sprites that it can 'bounce' against to go the other direction.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Drop platforms require only one, at the bottom IF they are to rise again.

And don't even THINK about trying arrow platforms...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.