Atroxian Realm (Version 1.1 Released)

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Re: Atroxian Realm (Version 1.1 Released)

Post by K1n9_Duk3 » Wed May 15, 2019 20:46

stayfrosty wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:34
I'd read that there were 24 levels and 23 x3UP. Just assumed the first level was the one without...
Syllypryde wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 14:10
As Nisaba said, and as Gridlock himself says in the endgame sequence, there is a 3up in all 24 levels. I have beaten the game and I can assure you all 24 3ups are reachable.
The game has 26 levels total (24 if you don't count the world map and the high score level). One of these 24 levels is reserved for the boss battle and that's the only one of them that doesn't have a 3-Up in it. The boss battle has its own level due to memory limitations and is more or less part of the Sky Sactum level. If you exit to the world map during the boss battle, you have to re-play the Sky Sanctum level to get to the boss again.

That means there are 23 unique 3-Ups in the game. Since the BWB level and the Sky Sactum can be played and finished multiple times, the 3-Ups in those levels could be collected multiple times, but that doesn't count.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net

Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Re: Atroxian Realm (Version 1.1 Released)

Post by Syllypryde » Wed May 15, 2019 22:08

K1n9_Duk3 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 20:46
One of these 24 levels is reserved for the boss battle and that's the only one of them that doesn't have a 3-Up in it. The boss battle has its own level due to memory limitations and is more or less part of the Sky Sactum level. If you exit to the world map during the boss battle, you have to re-play the Sky Sanctum level to get to the boss again.
Oops, I forgot Level 17 Realm Reactor does not have a 3up because it is the boss where you fight Atroxus. I had also forgotten that you are forced to play Sky Sanctum again if you go back to the world map at the boss level. Thank you for clearing all that up. I have never exited to the world map on Realm Reactor personally, so it never occured to me that Sky Sanctum would have to be replayed.
El Patricio... the Overlord of the Universe!!!