Clouds Unseen

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:So it was in the pyramid level I already beat :(
Nope. It's not in the pyramid level, you access the secret level through that... And it's there. :p Quite interesting really, in this mod the basic 'pogoing' ability has been made something really special skill, difficult to obtain, and which isn't even necessary for completion of the mod (although it eases the task considerably).
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I can't figure out the secret no matter what :dead
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I don't know how to do spoiler text, so stop reading now if you don't want to know.

There's a hint, 'Third and to the left' The third pit near the pyramid level, fall into it and go left. If you still can't find it then sir, there is no helping you.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Wow, I never knew such interesting facts about belugas. I feel educated! :D
and yeah, I wanna try to find the secret myself first. I have a save ready for it.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Don't read this either if you don't want it to be spoiled (a way to prevent spoiling is to shrink the text):

Wow Levelass, I already fell there once but I recall I couldn't pass through the wall. I guess it was the wrong "third" pit :dead
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I found it all by myself! :D
That was neat. There's even colored points items that are just on that level. If you get the sack and die, you still have it, but the level still blocks your path to the teleport back to the main map and the area where you need to use it is blocked off for a key you need to get that's sitting nearby the sack, which is pretty good shortcut-prevention in map design I gotta say.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Grimson wrote:spoiler
Heh...I actually managed to do that myself once. :o You probably did it the same way I did...
Levellass wrote:Secret Level: Color! It was like an oasis in the desert after the blandness of the rest of the palette, very nice!
I hoped it would turn out that way...I like secret levels to be rewarding, and with this one I was thinking, "How could I make the player as excited to be playing the level as possible? Well let's see... :P "

Also, thanks @ KeenFan for writing up the article so promptly :D
Keenfan
Vortininja

Post by Keenfan »

StupidBunny wrote:Also, thanks @ KeenFan for writing up the article so promptly :D
I'm writing my Bachelor thesis at the moment and when I have a break I like some change. :-) Typing something completely different was a good for my concentration.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

So... how is text shrunk or made white?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Keenfan
Vortininja

Post by Keenfan »

Shrunk: [ size=7 ]Shrunk Text[/ size]
White: [ color=white ]Text[/ color]
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Or, you know, use the buttons above where you type your message. There's a dropdown list saying "font size:" there.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
CannonGuy
Grunt

Post by CannonGuy »

I found a secret level.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

That's a very cool mod actually! Didn't played it before. Thanks to this resurrection, I tried the green version. It felt more like playing on a monochrome monitor rather than on a gameboy. Many great ideas. Like the ringing phones as a replacement. The graphics and level design - simply a state of art. Less is more indeed. Awesome!
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Apparently worthwhile necromancy.