Aliens Ate My Little Sister!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
RivaStyle
Vortininja

Post by RivaStyle »

Downloaded it this morning and... oh, man, it's really neat!

The movements are very smooth (well, sometimes TOO smooth), and I'm really enthusiast about the shooting system: you can fire 3 shots and stun a Blooguard without letting it come very close to you (as it used to happen in CK6).

Will you make some improvements for the future? For example, platforms, other kinds of enemies or a larger map?
"So Achmed, you're trying to impersonate someone?"

"I'm Santa Claus, dammit! I look just like him! I'm jolly... and I'm fat... ish..."
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Platforms are tricky, because you'll have to find a way to let the player walk on top of an object instead of a tile on the map. I have some ideas on how this could be done, but I don't have the time. Same goes for other enemies.

You can already build larger maps. Maps up to a size of 4096x4096 tiles should work perfectly. But keep in mind that such maps are SO big, that you could actually put all the maps of ALL official Keen games in ONE map!
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

loved the ending! I completely forgot Billy hates mashed potatoes :lol

is it just me, or is it a lot easier to do impossible pogo in this than in the regular keen games?
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Well, you don't need to be walking to do the IPT (which you had to in Keen Galaxy), but you need very good timing. Most people say it's harder than in the original games.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net