Mortimer McMire skin for Keen 5

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

mediafire > rapidshare > 2sharewhatever
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

But still, if you're seeking to do mass distribution you need to think about those who don't have those things.
You mean Microsoft fanboys. I'm not sure I'd ever consider them.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Levellass wrote:
But still, if you're seeking to do mass distribution you need to think about those who don't have those things.
You mean Microsoft fanboys. I'm not sure I'd ever consider them.
In this group it's somewhat okay as most here are tech-savvy people. (I still don't want to use ABP as I need full web for testing environments and i'm too lazy to customise)

But that attitude will see limited distribution.

If people want, I can also host some smaller files. But yeah, Fleexy has you covered on that one too haha.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Videogamer555
Grunt

Post by Videogamer555 »

I use mediafire for uploadin, and prefer it for downloading. Assuming I need to have to have Javascript enabled for most things that interact with my computer, if I intend to download something that does NOT have a direct download link but depends instead on scripts (like mediafie), I set my Noscript to allow JS on that page. I RARELY get ads, and NEVER virus. I periodically get my Norton popping up with false alarm that someone attempted to "gain access" (a.k.a. hack) my computer, but I'm sure that's a false alarm and I ignore it and continue the download, as hackers need scripts, and the only scripts on MF are the ones for downloading. MF is run by a professional company, NOT hackers, so I don't fear their site. If I feel a particular need to scan the file itself (like if I download pirated software) then I virus scan it, but I do NOT assume just because it came from mediafire that it is infected. I'd give suspicious files the same scan if I direct downloaded them from someone's own server or from a torrent. Ones that are not suspicious are media files (pictures, videos, and sound). Sometimes someone will name a file blablabla.avi.exe, and hope the downloader has turned off display of file extensions so it will show only blablabla.avi (but running it will pwn your computer). But that's why I ALWAYS leave showing file extensions turned on so that I can see all files actual file extensions.

I've never been infected from any files I've downloaded from mediafire, nor from visiting or using the site as a download or upload service, even with Javascript enabled, and I've seen VERY FEW ads.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

This thread has 2 pages and only like 4 or 5 posts are even partially related to the OP. Good stuff.

(I'll repost when I've actually tried the skin, which will hopefully be soon :P )