Shmaynoria - UPDATE on PAGE 4! < < <

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Shmaynoria - UPDATE on PAGE 4! < < <

Post by Paramultart »

Sorry for the 2 month delay and recent absence.

GREATEST MOD EVAR!!!
Here it is: (EDIT: GO TO PAGE 4!!!)

Major changes:
Fixed bugs that made the game unbeatable.
New original player sprites.
Levels expanded and made easier.
New tiles.
Full new 320x200 title screen.

I hope you guys enjoy it and play it through.
It's a little rough around the edges at times, but I'm just glad to have it out of the way.

I will accept no criticism for this mod, as I have no intention of ever renovating it, nor do I intend on modding ever again.

All future projects planned by me are hereby canceled.

Thank you all who supported me and welcomed me into this community.
It was fun for awhile. :)
Last edited by Paramultart on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:28, edited 2 times in total.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

do I intend on modding ever again.
What?! Nooo... :(
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

there goes "Where is everybody" the second time.

While you're cancelling everything, mind to send me a zip with all your unfinished work? You know I like to pick up that kind of stuff and finish it someday.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Yeah, Where is every body would going to be a cool mod. :/
Yeah, piece of cake!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Mod is on Keenwiki.
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Vorticon_Mods

Everybody is free to add infos to the mod. ;)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

It's a shame you're not modding anymore, because you do it well.

The majority of the graphics in this mod are excellent (not really a fan of the title screen, but thats just because of the design, its well drawn regardless). Really nice use of color in levels, especially dark cyan.

The music fits the setting perfectly and almost makes this feels like a different game from keen vorticons entirely in addition to some other features: your graphics, the setting not quite being keenish (this isn't necessarily bad), and what I think is the tweaking you did to keen's jump (Maybe its just the new sprite frames, but I swear he's got more air time. I checked your patch file but since you removed the comments I couldn't find anything).

The levels are great, my favorites being the first level, the one where the troll face suggests the level had poor design :lol and the one with the piano, mime, and awesome snippy fingers.

After collecting the last item, the game went black and immediately to game over, so I had to look in the patch file to read the ending :(
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

tulip wrote:there goes "Where is everybody" the second time.

While you're cancelling everything, mind to send me a zip with all your unfinished work? You know I like to pick up that kind of stuff and finish it someday.
I tried sending it to Lass awhile back, but it didn't go through and my internet got shut down almost immediately after. I just got internet back, and I'm not sure if I want anyone to continue WIE, since it seems to be somebody on these forums criticized me for that notion.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

So you'll accept criticism for that but not for your work?

Anyway, I'll check this mod out later when I'm at home.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Alright... Tulip, I sent you WIE (the Keen4 version) to your e-mail... Let me know if you got it. Had some difficulty sending it to Lass. Do what you'd like with it... And like I said, nothing has really been done to it since the first two weeks of work.

By the way, I would like to clarify that my intention was never to "have someone make a mod for me". LevelLass offered to pick up the abandoned project, which seemed like a good idea at the time, because I was doing nothing with it.

If you're going to mock me, then at least get your facts straight.

For instance... I'm not quitting these forums to play "Xbox 360", but rather because I lost my job, I'm losing my house, and somehow I have to juggle supporting a family and going back to school and find means of reliable transportation as my car is breaking down and won't last through the winter... So yeah, as much as I'd love to finish WIE or whatever, it is imperative that I tend to my responsibilities in life.

@Ceilick:
Yeah, I couldn't decide on a final ending, and there were a lot of complications as far as finding the right patchwork to make the end scene like I wanted, so sadly I had to just cut the whole end sequence out of the game.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Alright, thank you very much for the mod

and I hope you'll come back to modding once you get your life back on track.

Good luck!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

I almost completed it and then I missed the last giraffe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :redeyes :vikeen >: :garg :punk :| :(
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

You're very good at utilizing your palette, Paramultart. :) The graphics were impressive and easy to read--I was never uncertain about what was what, which has been one of my biggest criticisms in other mods. Good work!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I'm glad/surprised you guys like it.

I admit I'm pretty disappointed I had to cut the ending out as well, but I'm rubbish with patches and haven't the slightest clue how to get it the way I want it. Anyone up for helping me? And would it even be worth it to release a proper version of this mod?
Keenfan
Vortininja

Post by Keenfan »

Paramultart wrote:And would it even be worth it to release a proper version of this mod?
Definitely! I enjoyed plaing it as well!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Paramultart wrote:If you're going to mock me, then at least get your facts straight.
Hahaha, oman I just noticed this. There is no attack. It is neutral ironic parody.

Started playing this mod yesterday. Forgot I'd already played the earlier version. The second level has a much better balance of difficulty than I recall. That's as far as I've got so far.