Shmaynoria - UPDATE on PAGE 4! < < <

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

I found some graphics in this mod lack a bit of polish (from the ~60% I played of the earlier version and maybe 10% of this one so far), which would render it < most Galaxy mods which as a rule of thumb need to be rather meticulous in their visuals. But there are only small details like un-meshed scenery, and they actually add a certain charm to the game.

Actually, the grassy levels remind me of Dark Ages which has even simpler graphics and a more basic physics engine, but also a similarly epic atmosphere.

Also, I'm going to take a moment here to add to my long-standing mantra: INFINITE LIVES PATCH PLZ

The difficulty of the levels wouldn't be so much of an issue if the less skilled/patient (like myself) didn't have to save/reload constantly.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Good thing that I didn't play that version yet, I'll wait for the final version then.
I don't think you should make it easier, as I've seen the first version of the mod having a good difficulty level.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

Actually, the difficulty level is dang near perfect.
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

The Keen Commander wrote:Actually, the difficulty level is dang near perfect.
This
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Everyone else: "Perfect difficulty!"

Me:
Die! "FUCL
trying again..."
Die! "FUCL
darn, one life left.."
YOU LOSE!!!!!!!!!
"GARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
:p

Wow, I am SO faithful and encouraged in my gaming skills :bloody

PS- no, I son't talk like that while I'm playing keen. It was for the effect of this overly-dramatic post :dopekeen
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Level 2 seems harder than it is, if that's where you're stuck...
Cereal Board!
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

No, I was fine with that one after I learned how to beat it on my... uh... 30th try. Kidding.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Just to prove it can be done, in the time since my last post, I've just beaten the hole game from scratch (OK, since I wasn't saving, when I died on the secret level I couldn't repeat it, so I didn't do that, but otherwise...)!
Cereal Board!
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

:( I didn't say it wasn't possible- I CAN't GEt It... I'm gonna' go play until I win.

EDIt- well, I'm farther then I've ever gotten in it... im calling it a night. :tired You know, school tomorrow...
CannonGuy
Grunt

Post by CannonGuy »

Gross,but funny.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I guess in the spirit of old mod threads being purposelessly resurrected, I can say I finally tried this a couple months ago and love it so far. It's inspired me to get back to work on this old-ass modding project of mine. I love the Paramultart sense of humor and how it's manifested itself in this. The Keen sprite is hilarious. The dogs menu was fun also. I still haven't gotten far into the mod but what I've seen so far is marvelous. :)
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I would suggest waiting for the REAL completed version, or at least modifying the patch file to allow for the ending.

I made a dumb-dumb by removing the entire ending sequence from the game.

I was going to bundle the "REAL completed version" with Shmaynoria 2, which will hopefully be released in the coming months.

Thanks for the kind words, though.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Paramultart wrote:I would suggest waiting for the REAL completed version, or at least modifying the patch file to allow for the ending.

I made a dumb-dumb by removing the entire ending sequence from the game.........
Is this why I cannot find the giraffe poop or am I not looking hard enough?
DHeadshot wrote:Just to prove it can be done, in the time since my last post, I've just beaten the hole game from scratch (OK, since I wasn't saving, when I died on the secret level I couldn't repeat it, so I didn't do that, but otherwise...)!
In most Keen games you lose the keys when you die. In Shmaynoria you keep your keys. Most of the levels can be bypassed on the worldmap, so go into a level to get a purple key, die and then take that key to the secret level.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Is this why I cannot find the giraffe poop or am I not looking hard enough?
You honestly can't miss it...
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Grimson wrote:You honestly can't miss it...
I was missing it because for some strange reason I thought it was in the level where the Shmaynoria Frog tells you that you are almost done and all he needs s the giraffe poop. I completely missed the last level. I now have all 11 levels complete.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees