Commander Keen: Fall Up ("Mystery Mod") released..

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

HOLY GOODNESS! O_O VERY NICE!
Yeah, piece of cake!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I'm posting now because it'll prolly take some time until I beat that last level in which I haven't gotten much further than a few steps so far. But I can say the rest is indeed purely made of awesome.
My favourite of all your levels is the one free flight level with alternating normal gravity and negative gravity. This is so much fun.
The one blocking level that was consisting almost entirely out of free space with hazard buildings kept me stumped for a while until I figured out the right sequence. But I loved most of the levels, the most annoying so far was probably the one with the giant spiral in the middle.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

There's some really good puzzles in here.

Unfortunately it's also really hard to tell where you're headed some time. I think a few more coin trails would have been nice, or maybe some guide lines in the background.

Yeah, awesome mod.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Thanks a lot, everyone! :) I'm very pleased by all the positive comments, and it allows me to think that my work wasn't for nothing. :D Glad to see people liking this one. :yorp

tulip: Nice work! 8) The last level isn't really that hard, it's just a bit longer and has some spots where extra precision must be taken with jumps. Your favourite level is the same as mine...

lemm: Thanks, and you might be right, I thought about doing such things but then decided against it. :mort The infinite lives and suicide are there for a reason, too. :)

Anyone gotten into the secret level yet? ;)
And anyone like the new sounds?
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

This mod is neat :D The sounds are annoying and funny at the same time :P
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

The gravity puzzles are definitely a cool and original idea. I have only done two levels so far because work and family have taken up a great deal of my time lately. I will probably be playing this mod, Shmaynoria and Clouds Unseen for the next few weeks.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

This is awesome!

The graphics are fantastic. The white and grey works great for the background and the platforms are beautiful, not to mention the menu screens and gravity items.

The puzzles are great and its really satisfying to figure these out. This is an entirely new game from keen, as far as I'm concerned, and its addicting and fun. Some of these levels are pretty difficult though; I tend to over-correct my flight in between two hazards 75% of the time :P

I just got to the secret level and...I'm blown away by the genius behind it :O
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

awesome secret level.

like the level, if you count getting to secret level as completing a level, i need only to do 3 more.
nothing usefull here
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

It should be noted that not only is this very creative and awesome for a Keen mod, but as a game in general. Methinks this could be adapted into a much bigger project than a "Keen mod".

Just a thought.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Woooooo, finished!

This rocked. In my opinion, the only downside to this mod is the original Keen sprite, and perhaps a few overly difficult areas invovling squeezing between two hazards tiles (although this was rare and compensated by the relatively short levels). The difficulty, overall, was pretty well balanced between death from poor maneuvering and death from doing the puzzles wrong.

And the ending...I won't mention it here until more people have beaten it, but when you get on messenger I've got a few questions.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Ceilick wrote:The white and grey works great for the background
I completely disagree. The real big flow of this mod is the background. I'd prefer completely white or gray background rather than this with those annoying dots. It's very bad for the eyes :bloody. They get tired much faster. After playing for a while in fullscreen, exit the game and try to concentrate on a white or bright background. You'll still see those dots! That's terrible!
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I disagree wiivn, the background was fine to me.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Vorticon_Mods

I put the mod to KeenWiki.

It'll be under Genius314's Clones of Evil 1: The Galaxy of M mod. ;)
Yeah, piece of cake!
The Keen Commander
Vortininja

Post by The Keen Commander »

I've only tried a few levels of this mod, but it is spectacular! I'm looking forward to finishing it! :D
I'd like to get a Futurama mod going. Here's what I've got so far:
http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=2152
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Grimson wrote:I disagree wiivn, the background was fine to me.
Obviously you don't understand what I mean. Neither you understand design. See the screenshot below:

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2487 ... qbnmiv.png