Mondochrome

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Just by chance, when I started the game, some perfect background music came up on shuffle on WMP...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Why is music from Sonic 3D blast titled as a sonic adventure song? :confused
Did I really not even notice a remix in sonic adventure?! :dead
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

My video review.
I point out a few of the bugs I ran into. The world map glitch was fixed but everything else I found persists in the latest release.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

*sigh* Thanks for doing my idea, Spleen. I was pondering the idea of doing a mod like this..

Anyway, I loved this mod! Typical Spleen-quality work, which is pretty samn good.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I was, too. :(
I had a very similar visual concept for my original 24 hour mod.
It probably wouldn't have turned out as good as this one, though.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Commander Spleen wrote:Did you re-download after my post above?
Sorry, didn't notice it at that point... :o I opened 'post a reply' when I started to play and I never viewed the most recent replies (that weren't there when I started)... Glad to hear the problem was solved, time to replay.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Your last level has a switch at the very left of the level that just becomes a block it doesn't have a bridge to build.

A well done, if immensely tiring mod. The graphics got a little dull to me after about the sixth level, possibly something smaller (that could actually be released in 24 hours!) would have been better. The story and other texts were quite hilarious, if strange. (what did I expect?)

The levels ranged from interesting to difficult to annoying and would challenge all but the more expert of Keeners. Your patch usage was artistic and as expected (Death counter and level score, I got just a tad over 4'000 after winning.) Patchfile looks pretty beta though, and I'm surprised you left the cheats untouched.

The new sounds made an awesome difference. The walking sound was a bit obtrusive for my like (Especially the high pitched bit at the end.) but otherwise cool. I think Keen's shooting frame could have been a bit more LOL though.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Oh... This wasn't actually done in 24 hours? 95% of Shmaynoria was... I didn't lie about that.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Most of this was finished within a week or so. Most of the work went into the end sequence and other polishing details. Ridiculous.

Also, good to see that YouTube clip, VBB. Think I've got the problems cleaned up. Another fixed version is forthcoming soon.

Oh, and the walking sound effect... I fixed that high pitched bit, I thought. I'll check that again. The walking sound sort of bugged me too, so maybe I'll quieten it a bit.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Updated. See first post.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Good to see some glitch fixes. Despite how simple this, this is one of my favorite Vorticons mods. The difficulty is near perfect here. I liked the fact that I didn't feel like I was going to die every 3 seconds. There were some pretty clever puzzles too.