Keen 9: Battle of the Brains

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Empatojayos
Meep

Direct Download not available for Patch (please reupload)

Post by Empatojayos »

Hi guys, the Keen 9 Patch File adressed in the first post is not available, please reupload.
CannonGuy
Grunt

Re: Direct Download not available for Patch (please reupload

Post by CannonGuy »

I love the world map music.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I agree! :D
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Where's the release of the 2nd version?
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

szemi wrote:Where's the release of the 2nd version?
As with most modders, Ceilick has so many things going at once, I would assume he does a little bit on each project at a time. I assume he will get to it when he can. Since you are here Szemi, how much of BOTB have you completed?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Alright then.
debiani386
Grunt

Post by debiani386 »

Teknor wrote: Image Image
I am running keen 9 on an actual 386 (with 12 mb ram) and it reports the same exact memory readings, and yes I do have HIMEM and EMM386 loaded
debiani386
Grunt

Post by debiani386 »

nevermind..explained here: viewtopic.php?p=51296#51296
Eurysilas
Grunt

Post by Eurysilas »

So...Hi. Long-time Commander Keen Fan here. Just wanted to drop a few lines...That aren't in the proper place AT ALL...Maybe.

1. Is Ceilick OK? I'd dearly love to get my hands on Rev. 2 of Keen 9, but it seems the original two-week deadline for it has come and gone...? I know "Ceilick has many things to do, he has a life, ya know" is probably what I'll get in response, but...I'm getting worried we'll never get a revision 2.

2. Any plans to release a real soundtrack for the trilogy? Remixes are nice, I guess, but I like being able to listen to the kick-ass music you guys composed without firing up the game every time.

3. Speaking of Music- please, please, please, PLEASE could something be done about Keys of Krodacia's soundtrack? Only a few of the songs on that one (about one or two) actually sound nice. The others are....Annoying. :/

4. The story could use a bit of work. I would be willing to offer assistance if wanted. If not...It isn't too bad. I just think I could do a wee bit better on some plot points.

I actually registered just to show my support, appreciation, and constructive criticism for TUIT. Don't you feel special? :disguised
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Hi Eurysilas, welcome to the forum.

1. Currently revision 2 is in the beta stage, you can find it in the first post here. Right now I don't have an estimated time of release or even plans to continue working on it.

2. I thought the music had been released? Maybe not. I'll see if I can get that out there.

3. If I ever get back to the Keen 7 revision, yeah, it's happening.

4. What do you feel could be handled better with the story?

Thanks for you support and glad you enjoyed the trilogy :)
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

Welcome to the boards, Eurysilas! I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

AFAIK, Ceilick is still among the living; he probably does have a lot to do. :crazy

I was one of the composers for Keen 9, but the entire music department was headed up by _mr_m_. If it's a soundtrack release you want, he's the man to talk to.

Stick around the forums! We know there's lots of long-time fans out there who haven't joined up. And if you feel your story-writing expertise can be used, feel free to submit your ideas for a mod, or attach yourself to a project that's already in progress! Creativity is always welcome.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the man himself! What about it, Ceilick?
Eurysilas
Grunt

Post by Eurysilas »

1. Currently revision 2 is in the beta stage, you can find it in the first post here. Right now I don't have an estimated time of release or even plans to continue working on it.
Well...Crap. :/

That just kinda sucked the artistic right out of me. Why wouldn't you finish it?
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Eh, there isn't much else to do for it, if I remember. Mainly it's incomplete because the official revision 2 would be released as part of a "trilogy edition" :GeorgeLucas

Also I'm recently employed and having fun in another community, so I have other things on my time and mind.
Eurysilas
Grunt

Post by Eurysilas »

So....Would I be wasting my time going any further in this proposal? 'Cause it sounds like the only two responses I'm gonna get (except on the music one) is "No" and "No, I don't feel like implementing it.".

I hate to be so blunt, but I'd rather do that than mince words for another 10 posts. >:
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Well, whatever man. I said I was interested...