Keen 3: Levels You Can Actually Beat

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

The thing is, did he really have time to invent the neural stunner between episode 2 and 3?

Also, to keep consistent with the Galaxy stunned animation would require a degree of modding. I really wouldn't bother.
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

Don't worry, I'll keep the Pistols in. Would the other stuff I listed be possible though?
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Preston wrote:I know. That's why I considered replacing the Pistols with Neural Stunners. I always feel bad killing all those Vorticons. I know it's a plot point, but I think it's one that should have ended at Keen 2. The Vorticon Elder in Keen 2 already told Keen beforehand that the Vorticons were being brainwashed, so why did Keen wait until Keen 4 to make the Neural Stunner? It makes little sense, even within the context of Keen's fictional universe.

I'll probably keep the Pistols though. I'll just pull the 4Kids card and pretend the Vorticons got "injured" instead of killed. Yeah, they were slaughtered, but only figuratively.
With the Vorticons being an immediate threat Keen probably felt stopping the Grand Intellect was a higher priority than to take precious time he probably did not have to create the neural stunner. Once the threat was eliminated (or so he thought) that is when he took the time.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

As far as I know he *stole* all the guns he used in 1-3, he got his first one on Mars, just lying about, and used the 'local' guns in 2&3 (Some guns even shoot at Keen in 3!)

Come to think of it, did he invent the neural stunner at all? They're lying all over the place in Galaxy, even in the Omegamatic, I don't think Mort would say, steal Keen's guns then drip feed them back to him, I think they're a general weapon used throughout the galaxy Keen is picking up.

· Modified balls and jacks that either bounce linearly and/or slowly.
Both possible.

· Music, but only if Keen 1 and 2 can have music first.
They do, see the sub par mod. It's also possible.

· A different world map with transporters that are easy to follow.
Define 'easy to follow'; also possible, especially if you understand how the teleporters work.

· Make more of the levels mandatory.
Why not?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
TerminILL
Skypest

Post by TerminILL »

I think the Neural Stunner is one of those cases of gameplay/story segregation. Keen's a genius, he invented his own weapon, but it wouldn't be any fun if you had to go pick up ammo at the BwB all the time, eh?

Maybe it uses some sort of naturally occurring power source that is merely represented as a neural stunner for our purposes?
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

it's because the weapon can utilize the ammo of other weapons. simple as that.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Ones that look exactly the same? And are present in places where nobody uses them?
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Levellass wrote:Ones that look exactly the same? And are present in places where nobody uses them?
It's a symbol within the game - it doesn't have to stand for the actual gun...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I see no logical reason for that to be so. What does the floating candy represent?
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

Maybe they're the product of a massive marketing campaign to get everyone in the galaxy to eat lots of junk food? We never see any obese or overweight-looking aliens, so it must not be working. The guns could be part of an advertising/political campaign too, but laws may have been passed between Keen 3 and 4 outlawing the practice of leaving deadly weapons laying around for children to find them.
I bet everyone in the galaxy is really fed-up with banging their heads on floating candy and hamburgers and soda all of the time too.

Another theory: maybe Keen is a forty year old man addicted to LSD and the candy represents him getting his fix.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

RoboBlue wrote:Another theory: maybe Keen is a forty year old man addicted to LSD and the candy represents him getting his fix.
SOMEBODY MAKE THAT MOD! :lol
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

commander bakeen?
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Dibodo
Vortininja

Post by Dibodo »

I have make adjustments in level 8 and 15.
So is it better in my opinion.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h03s5muyny6513s
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

Not bad. The changes you've made to Hal's Kitchen are similar to the changes I've made to Hal's Kitchen in my level pack recently. Caves of Oblivion is a little too altered for my tastes, but a nice take on the level nonetheless.

I will be releasing the updated level pack tomorrow. Some of the levels have been drastically altered, specifically Beens and Fort Vorticon. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on Caves of Oblivion.
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

Sorry for the double post. I was expecting people to say "ZOMG CAN'T WAIT" but I guess that didn't happen.

Anyway, the updated level pack is here. This edition is called The Bestest Keen 3. Hope it lives up to its title.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24993251/The%20 ... en%203.zip