The Bipship - Keen Utilities and More

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Sent.

Edit: Same thing, maybe there's something wrong with my email server, I'll try again tomorrow.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

All right, thanks anyway. Well this puts my mind slightly at ease, because I was almost positive I had gotten my new email account working.

...You know, you could try uploading it to http://www.bipship.com/upload
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

tulip wrote:I think it's done.

http://www.bipship.com/db/uploads/dttv1.zip

:dead
Thank you! Finally! This has been a bit of a drawn-out process - about an hour. Anyway, sorry to put you through all that. Also, congratulations on being the first betatester for the uploader. :crazy

edit: Okay, I'm going to log off now. It's been the two of us on here for a while, lol.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Great. The uploader works quite well, and is easy to handle. I hope you won't end up with loads of unneeded stuff on bipship.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Bump. Wasn't sure where to put this, and am still not sure if anybody really cares BUT --

I was just looking through my bandwidth usage reports, and I see that Bipship passed the gigabyte boundary a couple of weeks ago. This is a bit of a surprise for me! The site's only been running for ten months. I had no idea so much stuff was being downloaded! Maybe I'll put in some monitor things to see what the most popular files are. This shouldn't be too difficult as most of the large files are already stored in MySQL databases instead of as 'real files' on the server - I could just add another field and increment it whenever the file is requested.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Nice. Yeah, some bandwidth monitorage would be a good plan. Do you have some manner of traffic monitor implemented already?

Sounds like it's almost time to start looking for someone with lots of bandwidth going to waste to operate as a mirror.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Goodness! It's a good thing Keen isn't popular or anything, else who knows who'd have the bandwidth to deal with things?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Bump. New feature.

With the help of Mink, I've been compiling a database of 'first posts' of various Keeners. Come have a look-see here.

'With the help of Mink' who am I kidding. Okay, okay, Mink found several first posts, I put them into a database and spent like three minutes writing up some PHP to display them.

Edit - oops, this is currently not linked from anywhere in my site. I need to fix that.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

The olde forum is actually pretty bleak nowadays.

That said, if anyone feels like searching: http://web.archive.org/web/*/pub128.ezb ... rkeenforum
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I'm honoured to be one of those chosen Keeners on the list.
I always thought Ceilick was american, why was his english so bad? :lol
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Semi-site related news: Just a warning , but I have a temporary email address due to work on my site/email: My temp address is Image (this sweet antispam method was done through my ping64 utility located on tl-dr.org). Oh, what the heck, why am I bothering to type this up again? How about I just quote my site news:
Me, via Bipship wrote:Thursday, February 4th, 2010 — Just a little pre-warning thing. At some point in the next couple of days, I'm going to reconfiguring my Google Apps things. When I do, my main email address will be broken. I've had another address (that essentially points to the same place) for some time now but have never actually mentioned it I don't think. Please use this one until further notice. When the old one is usable again, another news item will appear, but you can still continue to use the new one if you want. It really won't matter.