Keen 9.5: The Eight Accumulators

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Commander Keen: Now with extra jerk!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I've finished the game today, and I must say it's one of the best designed levelpacks I've made. Not too hard and not too easy, with an actual story, slightly edited graphics that I really loved, and most importantly good level design. The ending was pretty cool and I liked the secret levels too.
Wallachian
Grunt

Post by Wallachian »

This levelpack is really good, Bubbatom. Do you know what i like the most? Simplicity. It's really refereshing and fun to play. Everytime i know what i am doing. You exactly know when you have two paths to choose. When you walk to some area, you know that you need keygem and to get it, you have to avoid this monster and this obstacle. It maybe sounds trivial, but it isn't. In many mods, i feel overwhelmed. Difficulty is very balanced. It's rather easy than difficult, but it's not too easy to be boring. Important thing is it's not too hard to be frustrating. Bubbatom, you also have excelent sense for level size. Level always ended in right moment, it was neither too short nor tedious. My favorite levels were Pyramid of light and that Eagle's nest level. In conclusion: Your strenghts in this mod were simplicity and appropriate level size. I'm looking forward to your next mod.
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Dunke Wallachian,

I'm pleased you enjoyed the mod! You've pointed out exactly what elements I was going for, similar in design to Keen 4.

And hang in there, Suburb Shenanigans is on it's way! (It just seems to be taking a 'little' while).