Keen 9.5: The Eight Accumulators

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Uwe12
Grunt

Post by Uwe12 »

I like this levelpack very much.
I don't know, if it's intentional or a bug, but when I try the "view hidden areas"-cheat in "Damp Woods" at normal or hard, the game crashes.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

heh best anti-cheat: use just a bit below the memory limits. as soon as that bit is added the game crashes. At least that's what I think is happening, I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I played through it, was really worth it, too. I enjoyed every bit of it. The difficulty level is perfect too. And pyramid of pain was the hardest, as the name suggested.
There are a few more sloppily typed message boxes (something like "dont") but I forgot exactly where they were. Also you should fix that coast line left to the small island.
Everything else was perfect, great job!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Thanks for playing tulip, and thanks for pointing out the 'coastline' tiling.
As for some of the text boxes, I didn't add some punctuation due to how much space was for each box.

Thanks again, Tom
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

I saw you used Demo Tiles :)
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Yes, I sure did! And I reckon the game turned out a lot better with them. :dopefish
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I'm proud to say I finished this the other week!

Truly, truly wonderful. It was like playing Keen 4 as a kid all over again; everything new but very genuine. :)
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Glad it brought back memories, I was hoping I would feel the same about it but seeing as I know where everything is and how everything works, it didn't :| .
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Just couldn't keep myself away from this one. This afternoon I decided to fix up a lot of issues I found after not playing this for a little while.

Gnosticene Village is now a tad bit easier on easy, for a first level.
ALL levels have had had lifewater drop placement revised.
ALL levels have had point placement revised, with many points removed to free up level space.
A couple of levels have adjustments for floating platforms, secret areas, and floor has been placed underneith an incredibly annoying door in The Pyramid of Time.

That's basically it for now, but be ready for a couple of surprises in the near future! :dopefish
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

i played a bit of it so far and i like it :) some parts were better done than the original keen4 (e.g the stone house interiors). very nice work. :foot
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Bubbatom wrote:Just couldn't keep myself away from this one. This afternoon I decided to fix up a lot of issues I found after not playing this for a little while.

Gnosticene Village is now a tad bit easier on easy, for a first level.
ALL levels have had had lifewater drop placement revised.
ALL levels have had point placement revised, with many points removed to free up level space.
A couple of levels have adjustments for floating platforms, secret areas, and floor has been placed underneith an incredibly annoying door in The Pyramid of Time.

That's basically it for now, but be ready for a couple of surprises in the near future! :dopefish
So your link to the game in the introductory post is now updated?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Forgot to mention; if you stop and squish the Skypests, one of the members in their level gets stuck trying to walk off a platform edge: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3940020/ck4patch_003.png I beleive it happens when he stops to think (and forgets to start again. right on the platform edge. You can't see it in the shot but he's stuck flipping back and forth. Here's a savegame, taken in the previous version of the game: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3940020/SAVEGAM0.CK4
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Syllypryde wrote: So your link to the game in the introductory post is now updated?
Yep.

As for Mr Member's flipping, I'm pretty sure this can happen with any member near a platform edge, even without the skypest. I've seen this many times in both my mod and keen 4. My brother and I used to find it hilarious!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Either way, this patch makes it far less likely:

Code: Select all

#Thinking speed is 0
%patch $30E70 $0000W $0000W
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
triver18
Meep

Post by triver18 »

Finally :p
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I had a good laugh at "that explosion really shook me around" when Keen replied "Yup. That's good." :lol