Mystery of Isis IIa - v1.0a

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Alright, great to see that it's going to be up again!

If anything, I'd also suggest what has already been mentioned (probably CKFS: viewtopic.php?t=84). One would need to get contacted with Grafix if a new account is desired, or so it seems.
ckGeoff
Vortininja

Post by ckGeoff »

OK, it's been sent to Fleexy to download & host. Thanks.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Hmm... it didn't appear in my email. Could you resend it? (I really don't trust Outlook to manage multiple email accounts, and its habit of erasing all messages on the mail server is a pain.)
ckGeoff
Vortininja

Post by ckGeoff »

I resent the link and it didn't bounce, did you get it? Better be quick or it too will expire.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Nope, still didn't get through. Try sending to ben.nordick @ mediacombb.net instead...
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Fleexy wrote:Nope, still didn't get through. Try sending to ben.nordick @ mediacombb.net instead...
No prizes for guessing Fleexy's real name... :p
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Link received, data uploaded. Will be available at 4:30 PM CST.

Download from FleexHost (71,824,305 bytes)
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

DHeadshot wrote:
Fleexy wrote:Nope, still didn't get through. Try sending to ben.nordick @ mediacombb.net instead...
No prizes for guessing Fleexy's real name... :p
I will give you an unauthorized copy of Keen 10: Celick Makes Another Commander Keen Game, if you can guess my real name! :pogo
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Patrick Knowles.
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

Rumpled-stilk-stick!

:dopefish
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Fleexy wrote:Patrick Knowles.
Specifically Patrick Knowles Junior...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Level 3 is really getting on my nerves. On every attempt, I seem to inevitably do something stupid that gets me killed or–on my now last attempt for a while–stuck.

After many attempts, I got past the the green key door, entered the hole in the wall, and then accidentally ran into an evil pool with spikes. Ouch.

Now I just made it past that door and hole again and decided to seek a way to grab the 1up item above; I grabbed onto the roof corner to the left of the hole exit, and then fell through the wall and got stuck beneath the floor unable to jump or pogo my way out (screenshot).
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Holy crap a shadowm
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Well,

*SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARING SPOILER WARNING*

It's nice to see what has been done, at least up to level 3.
<SPOILER>I liked the usage of slopes in hidden passages, along with the availability of at least one big section accessible from a hidden path.</SPOILER>

In comparison to original Keens, the levels do feel big. The fact that you can't save in-level anywhere may also contribute to this (as I'm used to saving in-level, within Keen 4-6... *giggles*).

One minor but serious gameplay bug I've spotted, originally reported by wiivn here and with a few more details:
It has occurred to me a few times in level 3 (don't recall for the earlier ones) that, Keen can't grab ledges after some time of playing. (20-25 minutes?)
Restarting the level doesn't solve that, even if you go to the main menu and only then reload. Restarting the app, as expected, solves this.

Hope for the better and later,
NY
NY00123
Vorticon Elite

Post by NY00123 »

Alright, think I should add the following as I believe these are relatively important (still in level 3):
- In the room where you get the yellow key, mostly above the door, there seem to be tiles which harm Keen (decreasing health), even though I don't see anything like spikes.
- A bit similar to Shadow Master's recent report: After going through the green key door and then the "warp" door, I've had an attempt at obtaining the Chocolate Yorp. I've grabbed some "ledge" in the ceiling (basically a glitch), eventually getting stuck above it. I could go up and right for some time while getting to nowhere; On the left (and bottom), I could get right near the yorp, but not actually obtain it. Basically, I could stand to the right of the yorp.

The main issue might be the amount of replays, along with the fact it's also the very first time I've got the green key and passed through the respective door :O
I do realize it is expected, though, and what we've got is clearly better than having no Isis II release at all.