Commander Keen in the Bobrick Tower

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.

Should I make an easy version of this thing?

Ja
38%
Nee
62%

Total votes: 13

Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Thanks Stupidbunny, I assumed that's how it was supposed to work. Guess I'll just try, try again!
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

The mod now has a KeenWiki page. I can't run KeenView on my piece of d*ck 64-bit computer so no map at the moment.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

StupidBunny wrote:I can't run KeenView on my piece of d*ck 64-bit computer so no map at the moment.
Not anymore! The full map is now up for everyone's viewing pleasure :)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Ah, awesome. Thanks. :D
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

yaay, a vorticons mod. But I suck at 1level mods, because it's usually a huge level, and well, starting over and over wears me out. I wonder if I made it through half of the level already, but I sure played a few hours already. Graphically this is a typical StupidBunny original. Horror-vacui backgrounds, militarism and communism inspired artwork, hell yeah.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Yeah, this was done back in the day when I deliberately made huge epic levels (I have some Doom projects from the same period which are similarly oversized), and have since realized that huge maps, especially in games where you can't save, tend to work against themselves. Nonetheless, I had no interest in dividing up the tower into multiple levels...I'm still considering making an easier version that will be more of a walk in the park than this is.
tulip wrote:horror vacui
Heheh I'm not sure if you mean this to be good or bad, but I can't argue that it tends to dominate in the levels I build for anything. :P
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Wow, this is very neat.

I can see Character is enjoying his vacation, too.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."