Live Level 314

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Live Level 314

Post by thehackercat »

Okay, some of you may remember me suggesting a PCKF jam session a while back. Obviously, that didn't get off the ground, so after I got home from school today I decided to record the piano and sax tracks from _mr_m_'s song "Level 314" and jam along with the MIDI.

I limited myself to one take each, so I wouldn't get nitpicky. This also means that it's not that great. But I hope it will inspire some people to post some jams of their own!

(My greatest apologies to anyone who prefers their songs played by perfectly tuned instruments).

Download!
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

This is fun, great work :)
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Jammin' !
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

I originally used a clavinet, not a piano. :crazy

Also this song was meant to be in Keen 9 (Gigawaht made the cut instead), but it ultimately didn't appear.

This is still bloody brilliant!
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Wait, does this song go by another name in the K9 Soundtrack outtakes, or where can I find the original MIDI?
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Grimson wrote:Wait, does this song go by another name in the K9 Soundtrack outtakes, or where can I find the original MIDI?
No, not at all. 'Level 314' didn't make it into Keen 9 for some unknown reason; it's no big deal to me. I'm not sure if it was part of the 'outtakes,' but here's a link: DOWNLOAD
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Hmmmmnnn....

In that case, might it be used for another project? It is a good song, pity to see it go to waste.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Levellass wrote:Hmmmmnnn....

In that case, might it be used for another project? It is a good song, pity to see it go to waste.
Sure! What'd you have in mind? I've had the IMF ready to import in my dropbox. Just let me know where you need it sent
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

loved that, and I would love to hear it in a mod, it is indeed a shame it didn't make it into Battle of the Brains, although... tbh now that I think about it, I'm not sure it would've fit anywhere in the mod really... lest I'm missing something. Regardless, Battle of the Brains' music was fantastic, and this would've been right up there with the rest of it.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Sure! What'd you have in mind? I've had the IMF ready to import in my dropbox. Just let me know where you need it sent
Just send it post-haste to Levellass at gmail!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

i have to say that i really like this little tune :/

it may sound a bit lame, but i actually got seriously interested in making a keen mod after hearing this recording, a number of months back.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Re: Live Level 314

Post by gerstrong »

thehackercat wrote:Okay, some of you may remember me suggesting a PCKF jam session a while back. Obviously, that didn't get off the ground, so after I got home from school today I decided to record the piano and sax tracks from _mr_m_'s song "Level 314" and jam along with the MIDI.

I limited myself to one take each, so I wouldn't get nitpicky. This also means that it's not that great. But I hope it will inspire some people to post some jams of their own!

(My greatest apologies to anyone who prefers their songs played by perfectly tuned instruments).

Download!
I like this song! how about for HQP which is used by Commander Genius? Episode 1-3 get music using this package, nevertheless there is room for improvement. I think it would be also a good tune for Episode 2 or 3. As IMF we could integrate it if you want to.
Having fun developing stuff...
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

wasn't Level 314 the Altaire Station soundtrack?

sounds great, btw.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

no it wasnt used.