Zoltan's revenge

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
cyber zero
Vortininja

Post by cyber zero »

I'm loving this game, but I'm stuck in the "Muon Forest".
I can't find the red key.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The muons will steal it if you're not careful. This level is a bit of a maze; you need to keep track of where you are, and also flip a few switches. If you're stuck the J key will give you the jump cheat so you can look around the air.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
cyber zero
Vortininja

Post by cyber zero »

Thank you for the advice.
I'll try to pass it without cheating.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

What. The. Crap.

I was playing through Defense Post 2, and I turned away from my screen to do something real quick. I look back in time to see what appears to be an explosion (biomenace sprites?) And Keen is gone. As I'm sitting there, wondering what happened, the message appears "You didn't make it past Defense Post 2"

What happened? Why did I explode? This is strange...

EDIT: I loaded my game after this happened, and it happened again, right that instant. Keen just... exploded. Again, why?
biffstudly
Vortininja

Post by biffstudly »

I loooooved this mod, even though it kinda kicked my ass. I'm about halfway through on normal and I've been having a great time with it. I'm in love with your pixel work, too. To hell with not using black outlines, it gives a more retro-PC feel. But damn, your art is so good. :D
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

If you leave Keen standing on minefields he explodes. There are signs warning of it. (In german.)
fantomx11
Vortininja

Post by fantomx11 »

Levellass wrote:If you leave Keen standing on minefields he explodes. There are signs warning of it. (In german.)
German? It's too bad they weren't in Standard Galactic Alphabet. Otherwise Keen might have been able to read them.
My keyboard has no caps lock. It has a BRIAN BLESSED button!
Hagel
Vortininja

Post by Hagel »

Levellass wrote:If you leave Keen standing on minefields he explodes. There are signs warning of it. (In german.)
There are signs saying "Figyelem aknak" near the mines which I suppose say "beware of the mines" in hungarian, but I couldn´t find any german signs.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I have truly been out of the Keening loop for far too long because I honestly wasn't aware of this until like yesterday. Damn. I'm downloading it now, it'll be something to play when that time comes (probably after Russia) that I've got the time to play it in earnest.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Hagel wrote:
There are signs saying "Figyelem aknak" near the mines which I suppose say "beware of the mines" in hungarian, but I couldn´t find any german signs.
That's "Figyelem, aknák!".
Figyelem, aknák! = Warning, mines!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Here it goes!

Not sure, if I succeed, but I will try to make CG the way it also can do this one! The support might come in Beta 6 of CG v1.0
Having fun developing stuff...
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Zoltan is unstable even in Keen it seems, I am not sure support would be wise, it may tax you. My next mod has 4 beta testers to ensure that it is stable and may be a wiser choice.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Hi Levelass,

In that case I might use it to test issues that CG might throw. The pat file has a lot of interesting things though.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

*Salutes*

Then I wish you the best of luck sir, for even I dare not tread into it anymore.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Well, for the latest version which is v1.0 Beta 6 I have learned a bit from the files and improved our patch system. Nevertheless it crashes and has no music. Will look into it later.

Good Job on your mod anyway! It shows the love you put into... :-)