Martinez McMeyer 1: Cybernetic Dream

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Nospike wrote:Today I gave this mod a quick playthrough. It's fairly decent, I loved the graphics - they're marvelous. Especially the point items and tiles. The fries remind me of Prehistoric 2 :) Anyone wanna make a mod with huge 4-tile pickups?
However, the game itself seemed way too easy. I never experienced a lack of ammo or ran out of lives. You should probably put less point items and less ammo in your levels next time, and more killing enemies. The actual enemies weren't bad (I really liked the ice foobs), shame they behaved almost the same as the original versions. I didn't know that though, and it was sort of hard to tell which enemies kill you and which don't. The garg replacements (seals probably?) caught me by surprise since they looked relatively harmless.
Overall, this is a pretty good mod at least for me. Keep up the good work and good luck in your future projects. :)
Thanks Nospike. :) The reason of why some enemies behave or look like similar is it's a parallel universe and I wanted to mix the behaviours and sprites as I did in the 2nd episode. But in the 3rd episode I'll try to come up with own ideas as well as in the upcoming Martinez episodes. :)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

What the? There's two threads of this? And I (supposedly?) posted my review in the wrong one? Well, here's the post I meant to put here:

viewtopic.php?p=58193#58193
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass