Valentine's Keen

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
IllidanS4
Grunt

Post by IllidanS4 »

*lol* Jungle Jill.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

She made Keen stop using his slide rule.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Vocaboîte
Meep

Post by Vocaboîte »

Whoa, this mod is really cool!
however, as a couple of people have stated before, i'd like to see the splatters toned down a bit, as they're kinda out of place...
but yeah, great work! It plays really well, and the music is fantastic!
lamp
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Agree that this is pretty stunning. Can't even imagine the work that went into patching. Just crazy. This is the core of the modding madness, having a patch file ranging thousands of lines, just to make stuff work in the original game instead of writing a new game. Bravo! The theme with tiles and backgrounds made of bones was totally jaw-breaking awesome. The art is so good. I have to admit that I played it using godmode because playing Galaxy is somehow really difficult to me nowadays and this mod had many things killing you, not always easily seen. The slingshot and flying broom, the book... Awesome ideas. :drool Loved Keen's house. Really inventive, especially the way to change sides of the house. It'll be interesting to see what 'Lass does next.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

It'll be interesting to see what 'Lass does next.
She raised the bar too high. I don't know how she'll surpass it.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well first I plan to shoot below the bar with a Vorticons mod. (Just for you KeenRush) but after that, let's just say the patchfile is already 2/3 that of Valentine's Keen's and I haven't even made a level yet. VK was just a warmup.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Haha. :) Forgot to mention in my post that the snakes and toads (or whatever, can't remember exactly now) that sort of break the 2.5D perspective by coming towards the player (who looks at the screen) are awesome -- so creative and so well drawn.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

I believe those snake traps are also from Monster Bash.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The toads aren't, but the snakes are, and yeah, we need more enemies like that methinks. On a whim I developed a bird that flies at the screen, then you see a cross section of its organs before it vanishes. But... no.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I CAN HAZ SCREENCAP? :begging
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Hey there, musicians of Valentine Bash. Is there a chance for me to get a copy of this mod's soundtrack? Preferably MP3 (well, both MIDI and MP3 would be nice, but I don't want to sound too demanding).

Thanks in advance,
Grimson
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Here, I've extracted one of the tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The official soundtrack is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/394 ... dtrack.zip

Sadly the conversion is not perfect, some quality is lost and it does not play exactly as in the game. I don't know what wiivn used to convert, but it's awesome.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Thank you Lass! My life feels complete again.
wiivn wrote:Here, I've extracted one of the tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM
:P
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

I want chaunnukah keen
I'm the cool blue keener.