Martinez McMeyer 3: Moment of the Justice

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Martinez McMeyer 3: Moment of the Justice

Post by szemi »

And it's done as well! :)

Get it here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4975825/Mart3.zip

Edit: The mod is available on KeenWiki as well: http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/The_Gra ... he_Justice
Feel free update it with ingame picture, infos, etc. :)
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Just played it. Pretty fun little mod, I liked the atmosphere. Friendly Keen as a vortimom replacement was absolute genius. Someone could make a mod where you had to solve puzzles to get an indestructible ally to move further and kill stuff for you. I also liked the vortikid replacements. Shame they don't turn when they reach the edge of a platform, but we can't have everything.
The graphics were decent as usual, though sometimes a bit heavy on the eyes, especially in places like The Transformer House. The difficulty felt a bit too easy. (Coming from me...) Not that much of a minus though, seeing as most new mods are really hard :p I'm having trouble balancing up level difficulty for Botafloria myself.
By the way, how do you defeat Oppressor Keen? Tried shooting him +- 25 times and nothing. Do you have to destroy all the batteries first? Might have missed one if yes.
Overall, this is a pretty fine mod for Vorticons standards. Keep up the good work Szemi. :)
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Thanks, Nospike! :) Glad you enjoyed.

You have to shoot Oppressor Keen 35 times. But what do you mean "all the batteries"? And that's Commander Keen, not friendly Keen. Commander Keen is your secret partner since episode 2.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

I know, by friendly I mean that he helps you and can't shoot you.
I didn't know the 35 shot thing, thanks for clearing that up. I suggest you put more ammo in the level so that players who don't have the remaining 23 ammo (there's 12 ammo in the level) aren't forced to kill themselves.
Originally I thought that you needed to shoot all batteries in The Transformer House to be able to kill Oppressor Keen. With all the patching, one doesn't know what to expect! :p
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Don't worry, I'll release a Martinez McMeyer 1-3 pack, where all the mistakes will be fixed.
Anyway if you shoot the battery, you get 10'000 points as it is supposed to be the secret point item. :)
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Ohhh that's why you needed that one patch! I see now. Clever!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Possibly if it had been patched to be collectable, like candy, it would have been more intuitive. (But then less secret.)

This mod should have come with music, for that finishing touch.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.