Atroxian Realm 2 Level Demo

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

The one sortof complaint I have for this mini-mod (I just played it once though) is the graphics. I think theres way too much of that 'cross-thatching' effect or whatever you call it. you know, using checkerboards of colours in the graphics. it makes it look too rough, imo.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

'cross-hatching'; I'm a fan of it myself.

Since people told me I use too much black, I am doing a mod that lacks black for nearly everything.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

yeah i noticed you used it quite a bit in that valentine's day mod. i didnt really like it then :/ its ok for certain things or to give the effect of certain materials (i.e keen's shirt gets the cross-hthatching alot cause of its cotton texture) but things like shiny metal wouldn't work at all.

im mostly just trying to sound smart. is it working?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I'm also a fan of cross-hatching. In this case, it actually gave the level a bit of a retro feel.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

Those purple bird things are a pain to use to go up.

I think you should change the white around the scorebox to Dark Grey

Make sure elevators are easy to find and that they come back to a platform often otherwise it will seem like a dead end
jayo
Vortininja

Post by jayo »

I think in the next demo, you should label it as a demo version on the title screen, and when all levels are done, there should be a dialogue box saying it's the end of the demo, like with Keen 6.
T-Squared
Vortininja

Post by T-Squared »

Hey, would you like some help with story graphics?

I'm very good at converting vector graphics to raster graphics for EGA, and I'm actually having a lot of fun making the graphics for my own mod's story.
Cosmo II: HUMANIZED!!! Progress:
Graphics: 15% Complete
Story: 100% Complete
Music: 5% Complete
Programming Modifications: 5% Complete (FINALLY! SOME PROGRESS!)

http://www.tsqproductions.com
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Yeah, I'd especially appreciate help with the story/ending graphics. I'm really swamped right now with other things, but I can try to get you involved with the project. I doubt I'll be around much for the next month or two, though.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
T-Squared
Vortininja

Post by T-Squared »

Gridlock wrote:Yeah, I'd especially appreciate help with the story/ending graphics. I'm really swamped right now with other things, but I can try to get you involved with the project. I doubt I'll be around much for the next month or two, though.
All right! :D I'm probably going to forfeit my chance at any twists in the story, but It'll be worth it to get some EGA graphics done for the game. (Believe me, I can give you some awesome eye-pleasing images for the story.) All I need is the designs for any characters you have in the story, and a context of how you want them drawn. (like if you wanted to have a bird's eye view of a tall character looking down and speaking to Commander Keen.)
Cosmo II: HUMANIZED!!! Progress:
Graphics: 15% Complete
Story: 100% Complete
Music: 5% Complete
Programming Modifications: 5% Complete (FINALLY! SOME PROGRESS!)

http://www.tsqproductions.com