Keen Day Creation

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Damn Lemm, always overshadowing me! I need light Lemm! Glorious sunlight!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

What's interesting and surprising is that most of us actually are guessing rather than knowing.

Reasons to believe it's an entire new engine/game:

Interestingly enough, he didn't even mention it's a mod. He said "Most of the programming","finished product" and "remaining game content". Otherwise it would be "Most of the modding", "finished mod" and "remaining mod content". Also, about the finished content, the "sound" that is remaining sounds suspicious. If it was a mod, sound shouldn't be in the remaining list. Another thing is that the fade out and fade in between the intro and title screen looks smoother than it is in the Vorticons. Moreover, TerminILL said it's "much cooler than anyone has even come close to guessing". What could be much cooler than a mod? A new game! And the intro screen is somewhat completely new and unseen.

Reasons to believe it's a Vorticons mod (most likely):

We have seen Keen 1 tileset ported to galaxy, but we haven't seen Keen 1 with a galaxy style tileset. The intro may look complicate, but it cuts directly to the Keen 1 looking title screen as it's in the Vorticon series and the fade out/in is similar. And if you observe better the title screen, you can find that there are some empty spaces between the fire, the green tentacles and the teddy bear and the walls. If you compare it to the original Keen 1 titlescreen, you'll notice that there isn't space between these. If this was done in a galaxy mod, this should have been avoided very easily, but that's not the case in a vorticon mod. And since sound and music is still remaining, that means he needs to port the galaxy sounds. As for the music, it's simply possible to add some galaxy tunes or make some completely new.

Reasons to believe it's a Galaxy mod:

Obviously the title screen is in a galaxy style, suggesting it's a galaxy mod. This could be just a Keen 4 mod that recreates Keen 1 in a galaxy engine. Sounds will be added from Keen 1 and new music still remains to be added.

Reasons to believe it's an Alien mod (least likely):

"In space, no one can hear the Earth explode." is a resemblance of "In space no one can hear you scream", which is a tagline in the Alien movie. Also, the intro screen. But then why the tileset in the title screen would be from the 2.5D Keen1?

So my bet goes for a Keen 1 mod that is going to use the Keen galaxy tiles type set and will have a fancy Alien intro screen. But whatever is the case, with that much things remaining, I don't believe this is coming that soon.
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

"In space, no one can hear the Earth explode."
Well, this line is a reference to Keen 2, and also a spoof of the "..scream" line.

And it's Aliens (CK6) not Alien that people were talking about (I think!).

Otherwise, interesting theories wiivn, I just hope it is a new game, sounds incredible. Almost too good to be true! :)