A public petition to KeenRush

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

A public petition to KeenRush

Post by Levellass »

Given that my last attempt to get KeenRush to actually share his patches went ignored for four months until I gave in, I'm making this request public. in the hope it will force him to share.

I request he provides an annotated patchfile so that others can see what he has done and make use of it in their own mods. I can upload patches to the keenwiki if others are not wanting to, but the important thing is getting stuff out there.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I don't feel like making detailed commentry -- it's my work after all. :confused If there's something by someone else (like lemm's scrolling screen in CKE it's mentioned in the game). The big, important patches are all Assembly programming compiled to machine language and the comment lines in my own files are just lines like "code to set new shooting frames" and "jump to code below". If someone wants to use something they can e-mail me -- so far I've received zero requests for any feature.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I emailed you for four months regarding the gravity patches (And ending patch) In fall up. Patches should be put out there, shared and explained so they can inspire others. Otherwise it's like creating a mod then throwing it away. Some excellent stuff is coming up because of collaborative efforts and patch databases.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

You did? Because I haven't received one single e-mail... :confused You used keenrush314 of hotmail.com? Possibly they just went to junk mail and I never saw them.

However, having thought about this topic during last night (with some anger, I might say, as it still makes me feel the entire world is hostile against me and persecuting me :furious) I guess you're probably right, and I might possibly post some patches next month. Very likely. But don't expect them to be too commented.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

As long as I can figure 'em out. I daren't say my own patches are the most intelligently commented ('??? this is code!' comes to mind...)

But it's what I'm FOR, it's why I've written 342 patch pages on the wiki. Wealth like this has to be shared. Patches want to be free! :/idealistic

And you seriously didn't get anything? That gravity patch was darn nifty. And should be easily portable to other Keens.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Last edited by troublesomekeen on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:42, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

If you hear something right now TK, it's thunderous applause from a long way off.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Haha, that's awesome Troublesomekeen :D
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Also, I'm manually working through the patch file as it is this time. (My pinkie finger, it is extended. Or possibly my ring finger, I forget which is which.) These patches are at least sensibly ordered enough that this is possible.