The Pirate Mod

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
User avatar
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 22:16

Post by Cobalt »

szemi wrote:Not a bad mod, but...
...but what? In your next post you go on to say that there's bugs, but you don't mention any other than the one you quoted and it would help the modder if you were specific with what you found wrong with it.
I'm the cool blue keener.

User avatar
szemi
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 15:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by szemi »

Cobalt wrote:
szemi wrote:Not a bad mod, but...
...but what? In your next post you go on to say that there's bugs, but you don't mention any other than the one you quoted and it would help the modder if you were specific with what you found wrong with it.
How do you know what I will write in my next post? Do you have wonder brain or what?

User avatar
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 22:16

Post by Cobalt »

I'm referring to this post:
szemi wrote:
Fleexy wrote:I can't progress beyond the first blocking level; it won't get marked as completed.
(And then somebody has jaw to say my Keen 4-6 mods have bugs... well, this mod has some bugs)
I'm the cool blue keener.

User avatar
szemi
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 15:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by szemi »

Cobalt wrote:I'm referring to this post:
szemi wrote:
Fleexy wrote:I can't progress beyond the first blocking level; it won't get marked as completed.
(And then somebody has jaw to say my Keen 4-6 mods have bugs... well, this mod has some bugs)
Long story.

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Post by Levellass »

I can see why many may not like the huge world map, but I like it better than progressing through 16 levels one after the other like Keenrush did in Extinction and Shikadi did in Keen T. I can see tweaking the world map a little bit, but other then that I like it the way it is. Other then a few bugs here and there, I like the mod the way it is. I am wasting my breath, though, because I know you will do what you want, and since this is your mod, that is your choice.
Aaah but I try and do what other people want, so it's kind of a vicious circle there.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 840
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 18:33
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Syllypryde »

Levellass wrote:
I can see why many may not like the huge world map, but I like it better than progressing through 16 levels one after the other like Keenrush did in Extinction and Shikadi did in Keen T. I can see tweaking the world map a little bit, but other then that I like it the way it is. Other then a few bugs here and there, I like the mod the way it is. I am wasting my breath, though, because I know you will do what you want, and since this is your mod, that is your choice.
Aaah but I try and do what other people want, so it's kind of a vicious circle there.
It sure can since you cannot please everyone.
What is Directive X_M?

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Post by Levellass »

Figures you solve one problem and you make another.

In ignorance I made the DOORS kill you. In my defense the patch on the keenwiki was wrong too. So there are some wonderfully buggy versions out there where as Fleex notes, touching doors illogically kills you.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 840
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 18:33
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Syllypryde »

Levellass wrote:Figures you solve one problem and you make another.

In ignorance I made the DOORS kill you. In my defense the patch on the keenwiki was wrong too. So there are some wonderfully buggy versions out there where as Fleex notes, touching doors illogically kills you.
Being killed by the doors I thought was just you being evil! :mortlol
What is Directive X_M?

User avatar
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 22:16

Post by Cobalt »

They even kill you in god mode... you can't even cheat past them :bloody

Also a button in castle of rush crashed the game.
I'm the cool blue keener.

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Post by Levellass »

Which 'button' and how? Can you get a screenshot?

Syllypryde wrote:
Levellass wrote:Figures you solve one problem and you make another.

In ignorance I made the DOORS kill you. In my defense the patch on the keenwiki was wrong too. So there are some wonderfully buggy versions out there where as Fleex notes, touching doors illogically kills you.
Being killed by the doors I thought was just you being evil! :mortlol

No, my evilness is elsewhere. This was unintentional evilness.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 840
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 18:33
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Syllypryde »

Levellass wrote:Which 'button' and how? Can you get a screenshot
I can corroborate his claim. The doors still kill you even with god mode.
What is Directive X_M?

User avatar
szemi
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 15:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by szemi »

I played a bit. Well, like I said, not a bad mod, but it has some bugs and some unplayable levels.
I was wondering who made the levels(as I know you aren't really good at level making, Lass)

User avatar
Levellass
S-Triazine
Posts: 5261
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40

Post by Levellass »

Me, I was trying to improve my skills.

I can corroborate his claim. The doors still kill you even with god mode.
Even using the latest Dropbox link? That shouldn't be happening...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.

User avatar
szemi
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 15:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by szemi »

Bad improve, unfortunately. Especially the level structures.


EDIT: Okay, maybe not bad improvement(as I tested/played the game)
Last edited by szemi on Wed Jul 31, 2013 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite
Posts: 840
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 18:33
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Syllypryde »

Levellass wrote:Me, I was trying to improve my skills.

I can corroborate his claim. The doors still kill you even with god mode.
Even using the latest Dropbox link? That shouldn't be happening...
Oops, I am still using the original download, sorry!
What is Directive X_M?

Post Reply