Keen 10: Mirror Menace

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.

Should I continue with Keen 11 & 12

Of course. :)
72%
Nope.
28%

Total votes: 32

_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

Levellass wrote:
wiivn wrote:Levellass will automatically fix everything.
Have you SEEN any of my mods? I'll be glad if this doesn't crash anyone's computer.
The last mod of yours I played resulted me in having to completely reinstall Windows (PS how can an DOSBox fucl up my Windows installation?)...how you managed that, I do not know...but all I can say is: it was worth it! Your mods are always something else, and enough to shy me away from modding of any kind.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

We are almost in the finish! :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

You can see that Levellass, she got his hands on this mods.
I do not like really all these changes she introduced, making this mod very difficult, and complicated in every point.
I do not like the fact that you can not shoot the dog (shakeshund)
Your first version, which was only made ​​all of you, it was much more beautiful, in my opinion.
In addition, in this new version, every time the player dies, the points and ammunition collected, are all cleared, and the keen, a little effort 'to move, even when he jumps, as if it were slowed down by something.
The music, however, also added new, they are very beautiful
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You can shoot the dog, just jump over and shoot down at it. It is a pity you do not like the changes, but so it goes. Szemi has many more projects that will be released.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

Levellass wrote: Szemi has many more projects that will be released.
Yes, but so, is no longer a project only of Szemi, but also your.
All the changes in this new version, are of your work, not his own.
Therefore, we can no longer talk about a project done entirely by Szemi, but also your.
If anything, all the changes, he would have to study them and make them him, not you, as it did for the Mart4, a project made and edited entirely on him.
For what I like the first version of this game.
In addition, however, this new version is to be reviewed, because yesterday when I tried it, it was crashed at a point (when keen, met the Council Member), in addition to the fact that the ammunition and the points are reset to zero each time
keen dies.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Maybe but I didn't really do anything original (Well maybe the laser graphics, but again they're just a tweak of his original idea.) I don't think we can call any of our projects our own anymore, even the original version used other people's music and graphics and patches. All our modding projects now are a mixture of what has come before and what we ourselves add.

The points and ammo shouldn't reset to 0, but to what you had when you started the level, I am very confused as to why they go to 0 for you. Has anyone else had this problem?
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

robertl81, if szemi didn't want Levellass' mark left on the project he wouldn't have asked her to be involved.
Levellass wrote:I am very confused as to why they go to 0 for you.
Level one, maybe? 8) (Yes, I know that doesn't explain the ammo.)
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

Levellass wrote:
The points and ammo shouldn't reset to 0, but to what you had when you started the level, I am very confused as to why they go to 0 for you. Has anyone else had this problem?
I uploaded a video on youtube where you can see this problem
The video quality is not very high, but you can still see the problem

http://youtu.be/NlBA48J8c2E
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Notice though the score was 0 when you started the level. The ammo is still the same. You will only see your points add up if you finish a level with some points. The BWB level has some points you can test this on after the rocket, you can sneak down under the ground and get them.
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

Levellass wrote:Notice though the score was 0 when you started the level. The ammo is still the same. You will only see your points add up if you finish a level with some points. The BWB level has some points you can test this on after the rocket, you can sneak down under the ground and get them.
But this is a new thing, because in all other mod, it is not so, and was not even in the first version of this game.
Even if you die without completing the level, it's not that you lose all your ammo and points that you picked up at that level, but I was always added.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

The new version has been released. Was this announced somewhere?
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I uploaded it to moddb as well.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

robertl81 wrote:But this is a new thing, because in all other mod, it is not so, and was not even in the first version of this game.
Even if you die without completing the level, it's not that you lose all your ammo and points that you picked up at that level, but I was always added.
That'd be because this isn't every other mod.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Pac-Man
Grunt

Post by Pac-Man »

Can I download the music somewhere? I want to mix it with real instruments, it's so nice :')
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well the IMFs are easy to get and I believe a lot of the midi files are around (though not all; a lot of Szemi's songs I only have IMFs of.)