Keen 10: Mirror Menace- Final release

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Rename the OLZ file .EXE and you'll be fine.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

Levellass wrote:A tile bug huh? I don't know how those keep getting through. Seriously, how do you modders avoid such things? sadly I just left the mod project so cannot fix it. So it goes.
This new version, still has bugs.
Sometimes, after you reload the game, I find the god mode on, even though I have not turned on, and also, again after reloading, I find on the gadgets that shoot, even though I had turned off the main switch.
Also sometimes it is crashed.
In conclusion, this new versionis all still to be reviewed.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

robertl81 wrote:
Levellass wrote:A tile bug huh? I don't know how those keep getting through. Seriously, how do you modders avoid such things? sadly I just left the mod project so cannot fix it. So it goes.
This new version, still has bugs.
Sometimes, after you reload the game, I find the god mode on, even though I have not turned on, and also, again after reloading, I find on the gadgets that shoot, even though I had turned off the main switch.
Also sometimes it is crashed.
In conclusion, this new versionis all still to be reviewed.
I'm working on the re-released version, which will be very slightly updated.
And thanks for telling the bugs, I'll try to do something for that!

When it crashes, that's a memory bug that cannot be fixed unfortunately, which will have a solution in the help (aka how to avoid this problem).
Yeah, piece of cake!
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

szemi wrote:When it crashes, that's a memory bug that cannot be fixed unfortunately, which will have a solution in the help (aka how to avoid this problem).
I posted the video on youtube where there are bugs.

In this video, you see that when you're at the last level, save the game, and then reload, the game crascia.
Also, restarting the whole game and reloading the save the last level, game crashes all and is a black screen.
Also, just reload the last saved level, the characters written on the white rectangle where there is a description of the level, appear in a different way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAM9d4jpxvM

In this video, always the last level, you see that there are problems with the music, as well as the problem of the save.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaTD1MzbDtU

In the video here, you see that the god mode was not turned on, but after reloading a save, find him on, but this thing, it does not always, but only a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tDtKzFBdSo
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Alerted Levellass about the problems.
Yeah, piece of cake!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

At least those aren't terrible bugs. It's quite easy to beat the boss without saving, if you develop a method. I never save my game in-level, and my Keen mods seldom ever crash.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well the first two bugs have been fixed. The game crashing one is as tricky as hell as it seems to have snuck in early on.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Good news, folks!

1. After talking to Keen's friends (and they disappear) + then returning to the game from the main menu (RETURN TO GAME) the game no longer crashes
2. When reloading a saved game, the game is no longer in god mode
3. The boss music issue has been fixed.
4. When saving the boss level and reloading that the game no longer crashes.

@robertl81: I think you will be glad. :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

szemi wrote:Good news, folks!

@robertl81: I think you will be glad. :)
Has been corrected also the fact of the gadgets that shoot?
The problem was that when reloading a saved game, the gadgets that shoot, returning active, even if they were disabled before using the switch.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

robertl81 wrote:The problem was that when reloading a saved game, the gadgets that shoot, returning active, even if they were disabled before using the switch.
When reloading a saved game, the switch "reactivates" as well as the cannons.
And that's not a bug according to Levellass and if it was a bug, it definitely cannot be fixed according to her.

After all I think you should be thankful that the other bugs are fixed. :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Indeed, it was added in as a discouragement to those who save scum during a discussion with Ceilick about how this might be dissuaded.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

Not being able to save made it one of the hardest bosses to beat! Why would you remove that "bug"?
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I got stuck because I missed some plot important item in the first release and couldn't re-enter the levels, so I hope unforgiving design choices like that got fixed.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Levack wrote:Not being able to save made it one of the hardest bosses to beat! Why would you remove that "bug"?
The boss level is slightly updated + you can now reload the boss level if you saved that as that bug is fixed.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Levack wrote:Not being able to save made it one of the hardest bosses to beat! Why would you remove that "bug"?
Fixed. But wait... is the boss remarkably easy or remarkably hard? I've got both messages from players.