Keen 10: Mirror Menace- Final release

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Levellass wrote:
Levack wrote:Not being able to save made it one of the hardest bosses to beat! Why would you remove that "bug"?
Fixed. But wait... is the boss remarkably easy or remarkably hard? I've got both messages from players.
+ I slighty edited the boss level, so it'll be "easy" (don't misunderstood me) to beat the boss.
Yeah, piece of cake!
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

Levellass wrote:
Fixed. But wait... is the boss remarkably easy or remarkably hard? I've got both messages from players.
Better is the boss, is not too difficult
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Okay, this is the last update you hear now.

The rerelase version will be done and released soon, which will have a major new feature I have to clearly test. It's the high scores level.
The High Scores level will only be seen in DEMO mode. It means if you warp to Level 18, it'll be a new level i'm working on; the Space Abyss (the new secret level).

Moreover in the meantime I've discovered a teleportation bug that crashes the game. It'll be fixed soon.
Yeah, piece of cake!
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Update 2:

Sorry for being very very late with the rerelease.
In the meantime I tested all the teleports fully, but unfortunately I must say one freezes the game for no reason (whatever I do). That's why there won't be secret level in Keen 10 and this decision is confirmed.
Yeah, piece of cake!
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

Scilicet
Vortininja

Post by Scilicet »

I think this game was made with version 1.4. I have 1.5, and the game won't recognize it. Grrr. I am uncomfortable with the idea of downloading the 1.4 version, and I want to know if there's a patch to convert 1.5 to 1.4.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Scilicet wrote:I think this game was made with version 1.4. I have 1.5, and the game won't recognize it. Grrr. I am uncomfortable with the idea of downloading the 1.4 version, and I want to know if there's a patch to convert 1.5 to 1.4.
I want patch for 1.5 as well, don't worry. We're not alone.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Don't we have a patch thread for converting all versions of all keens into each other?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Scilicet
Vortininja

Post by Scilicet »

Levellass wrote:Don't we have a patch thread for converting all versions of all keens into each other?
I checked, but the patch I need is not on there and probably doesn't exist.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I have a 459KB clickteam executable 6keen14.exe that updates version 1.5 to 1.4...

If people are so concerned I could program up something as soon as my computer is working.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.