Commander Keen and the Electromagnet

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

TSK - thanks :)
Already found out yesterday.

Nice idea for a worldmap :)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This is both a very good and poor mod.

The Mars level is quite poor, reused enemies and not much graphical variation. It is possible int he house level to run out of cards before you run out of door, there isn't much patching and a general air of incompleteness lies about the place. There are too many doors (Who locks all the doors in their house?) I don;'t like the map idea.

However the house itself is quite well done, there's a remarkable number of tiles used in it placed together very well. You tend to just glide through the level and not notice, but if you stop and explore you see a remarkable amount of thought and effort has been placed into their construction. This makes the whole mod.

In sum: Add more house levels.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Thanks, Levellass! I will try to eliminate as much poor and keep as much good as I can. Whew... What a lot to fix up! All I can say for now is, doom on you if spend your keys unwisely. And doom on me for not color-coding them.
What do you mean by "reused enemies"? Like the Gargs and Yorps?
Too bad about the patching. That's as complex as it's going to get from me. :p
I must add the neighbor's house in the bottom left corner of the map!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!