I made a mod - Keen episode 59: Underworld Ultimate!

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Re: I made a mod - Keen episode 59: Underworld Ultimate!

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

DarkAle wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 15:16I won this mod at hard!
Did you play Bernie's version or my unofficial bugfix release?
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Your first unofficial version. Since your topic is about bugfixes and not gameplays, I didn't want to go off topic
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Since you didn't beat Bernie's original version, but K1n9_Duk3's optimized modification of the game, modification of the game, your post here is misleading and therefore off-topic. I think it's best to post a review like this your over here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8247
out now (link) : Image
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

My intention was to talk about the original game because K1n9_Duk3 did not change the behavior of the sprites, did not change the music, sounds or graphics and even if he had made some changes to the levels, I would still have considered them the most difficult
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Post by Nowhere Girl »

I'm playing this game now. Cave of Secrets is a confusing level, so I have taken a look at a playthrough... and I still don't know how to get the red gem. Does the Ugg-Bug drop it? Or is it in the large crate? The crate can be shot, but even ten shots don't open it... I need the gem to complete this level, please give me some advice...
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

The red gem is indeed inside of the crate. You have to bait the Ugg-Bug into following you, and it'll land on top of the crate, destroying it. If for whatever reason it misses the crate (this has happened to me before), you'll have to reload an earlier save or restart the level, because once the Ugg-Bug falls down into the leftmost pit, it's not coming back out again.

Also, if you think the Cave of Secrets is bad, wait'll you reach the Cave of Illusions. That's a rage-quit inducing level if ever I've seen one.
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Post by Nowhere Girl »

And now: what could be preventing me from releasing the balloon in Tunnel System? I come up to it and nothing happens. Level uncompletion or bug?
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Nowhere Girl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 21:44 And now: what could be preventing me from releasing the balloon in Tunnel System? I come up to it and nothing happens. Level uncompletion or bug?
There's a lot of major glitches in this game, and the author made it clear he has no interest in revisiting his mods, and has since vanished from the forums. Just curious, which version of this game are you playing? I should mention that, if you don't already have it, I recommend downloading K1n9_Duk3's unofficial version that fixed a lot of major bugs in the game. If you need it, check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8247&hilit=unofficial+bu+hunt
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Post by Nowhere Girl »

Edit: probably doesn't matter, I ate one "m" in "Commander Keen", created an extra folder, left the old one with unchanged files and didn't even notice it! But I'll have to retry anyway.
Edit 2: didn't help anyway. :( Should I delete the save and restart?