Keen 1-3 level editing in Tiled [Beta]

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Dr. Kylstein
Vortininja

Keen 1-3 level editing in Tiled [Beta]

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

Install a recent daily build of Tiled if you don't already have one. (The stable version has some bugs that prevent this plugin from working.) Then go to https://github.com/DrKylstein/tiled-vorticons and click the download zip option, then extract the files directly to wherever Tiled keeps its python files on your system ("~/.tiled" on Linux). You may need to add the property named "_script_" with the value "keen" to new levels.

Switches might not work right, I think everything else should be ok. Ask questions and report anything that doesn't seem to work, because I started this last year and forgot a lot of things, and I haven't been modding lately.

Edit: There must be a #TIL0000.bmp in the directory with the levels you open. This plug in doesn't read the graphics files directly.

Edit again: For making a new level, in addition to the custom map property, there must be one tile layer and one object layer (names don't matter). I forget how the objects are defined, but if you use an existing level as a guide, those properties should work.