Commander Kylie

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Re: Commander Kylie

Post by DarkAle »

But i have to put the keen9.bat and editmaps,keen5e,maphead????? :confused
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Alessandro wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 16:11 But i have to put the keen9.bat and editmaps,keen5e,maphead????? :confused
Yes as it's as Kylie 9 is a Mod for Keen 9 "Battle of the Brains", so it needs the base files from the Keen 9 "Battle of the Brains" mod in additional to the Keen5e.exe from Keen 5

Basically: copy all the files from Keen 9 "Battle of the Brains" folder into the Kylie 9 folder and select "no" to overwrite all duplicate files.
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

There were a thread about a new PCKF logo, so i made this. but i lost that thread somewhere in the tabs (or closed it by accident)...

In spirit of the Yule Holiday, i made this over the last couple of days:
"Merry Christmas!"
Last edited by Zilem on Wed Oct 31, 2018 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Hey, that's a nifty logo. I like.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

How about Kylie as second Player? Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVswKsYeCWA
Having fun developing stuff...
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Seems like the Thread found the picture with some help from Nisaba ^.^

I can't help but wonder if anyone have unwrapped the Present Kylie is holding XD
nanomekia wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 0:24 Hey, that's a nifty logo. I like.
Thank you ^.^
gerstrong wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:39 How about Kylie as second Player? Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVswKsYeCWA
UH! O.O

When i saw Keen had Marta as keen co-op partner in Keen1, i got very excited
also about how the second player sprites added, i eventually figured that out for Invasion of the Vorticons
but for Keen Galaxy i had no idea, there was not something i could reverse engineer (a least not to my knowledge)

Although i found out that Player 2-4 were a Palette swap, and not recolored sprites i could not find XD

I very much love the idea of optional co-op, in single-player Games
so you can tag a friend/sibling along that would not have tried the game on their own
either due to Genere, Game-play, story or difficulty

I made these Mock ups a while ago, but never got to break the barrier.... and talk(PM) to you about this...
ImageImage

Maybe if VikingboyBilly can fix the dropbox-link to he's Marta for Galaxy preview
(or if someone have it, i though i saved it... but i can't seem to find it >.<)
and it should be possible for me to make a sprite for her, if VikingboyBilly is okay with it of course.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Merry Christmas! Image
(A little something I've been working on over the last couple of Yule season)
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

oh, I love it! so lovely!
thanks a whole lot for sharing.

white Yule here I come

out now (link) : Image
JBen077
Grunt

Re:

Post by JBen077 »

szemi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2015 21:38 @Zilem: I must admit I have also been planning to make a female version of Keen called Commander Keane, but in the meantime I scrapped it as it sounds very similar to Keen.

And as for Bio Menace, I'm working on a BM1 mod currently as I have the tools for them (actually, some, which are also used for modding Keen). :)
Awesome! Do keep us posted on this, would be cool to see another BMenace mod come out!
JBen077
Grunt

Post by JBen077 »

Oops.... checked the date of the initial post. :dead2
monochameleon
Grunt

Post by monochameleon »

Really loving these mods, and have started playing through them on twitch. Started with Marooned on Mars, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVmm5sdRcSM if you're interested.
Last edited by monochameleon on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

monochameleon wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:46 Really loving these mods, and have started playing through them on twitch. Started with Marooned on Mars, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVmm5sdRcSM if you're interested.
Glad you like them ^_^

I honestly have no idea why i didn't catch those spelling mistakes... Image

I've fixed the misspellings, wording and tested it didn't cause a game-crash. Thanks for letting me know! Image
monochameleon
Grunt

Post by monochameleon »

I'll be streaming Episode 2 tonight if you're interested... https://www.twitch.tv/monochameleon - I'll be on at about 9.30pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time, which I know is quite an inconvenient time for most countries. I'll drop a youtube link later as well when I'm finished.

EDIT: Well, that has passed us by... here's a youtube link for the first part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MokO21YiMnY&t=8s Second part is already posted as well.... yes, I gave in and cheated in the second part. The stream was getting....let's say a little long as I battled with the last level. >:
Last edited by monochameleon on Tue Mar 16, 2021 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Welcome to the PCKF, monochameleon! It's great to see someone new producing Keen content. :)

Sorry I didn't see and approve your post in time for the stream. (This review requirement for new users' posts cuts down on what would otherwise be an avalanche of spam, unfortunately.) From now on the system should let you post without approval.
monochameleon
Grunt

Post by monochameleon »

I expected it was something along those lines, no worries. Very glad to be here - I've been playing Keen since we got our first computer in 1991 (I was 4) and this place does already feel like home....