Atroxian Realm (Version 1.2 Released)

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You may want to build a less resource-intensive version of that level, as an alternative for people who experience problems.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
joe-ilya
Vortininja

Post by joe-ilya »

There's this bug in the level "Krilewood Forest" ; if you try to look down at this exact spot, Keen will spaz out between a pole position and a standing position instantly.

https://youtu.be/hfjIoC4deYM?t=46s (in action)
Me and omer made a rainbow dash HUD for doom, for our mistake most of the doomers are anti-bronies. Image
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I'm not sure that's the link you meant to leave, haha.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

out now (link) : Image
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Thanks for reporting this. Nisaba did already find that one, but I appreciate any bug reports.

I should really get around to getting an updated version out. I'm not sure how many people care about the update, but it would be nice to have. I am curious just how many people ended up playing the game, because it doesn't seem like all that many.

Anyway, I'm working on a smaller project right now, and I may be revealing a few screens from that soon.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

I'm playing it! I find it excellent so far, although I do get out of memory errors more frequently than I should (it reports well over 400k of memory). Any way to fix that?
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Running natively on old hardware I assume, keenmaster486?

keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Erm... Correct. I guess I should try it in DOSBox first? I didn't think that was specifically the problem since the executable said in the startup screen that it had plenty of memory... Maybe I'll try changing up my config file and see what happens. In the meantime I'll see if I can replicate the error in DOSBox tomorrow since I have a saved game which gives me the error every time upon entering the next level. :)
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

The very first instruction in the very first post of this thread is "you will need DosBox to play this mod."

I'm not saying it that way to be rude, I'm really glad people try playing mods on old hardware, but rather to emphasise how likely it is the issue is being caused by how you're loading the game.

Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Gridlock wrote:I should really get around to getting an updated version out: I'm not sure how many people care about the update, but it would be nice to have.
hell yeah! please do that, that would be so nice. 'caus only if it don't bother you doing so. I didn't wanna trouble you, so I haven't asked for an update in the first place. thought you might need a brake on working on your unrivalled creation. but now that you mention it, I can't await to get again sucked into the story of yours.
Gridlock wrote:I am curious just how many people ended up playing the game, because it doesn't seem like all that many.
really? at least for me I spread this splendid mod around my circle of (childhood) friends. Most of them don't follow threads like this, but when it comes to Keening, they all have this little flame blazing ever since. so that is thirteen people and I know that two of them handed it over to their buddies as well. over here it circulates maybe without your knowing.
joe-ilya
Vortininja

Post by joe-ilya »

What about this missing tile in "Port Atrox"?

Me and omer made a rainbow dash HUD for doom, for our mistake most of the doomers are anti-bronies. Image
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Levellass found that tile issue on Page 5: viewtopic.php?t=3536&postdays=0&postord ... x&start=60

This is a short thread, so looking back at screenshots on previous pages could save you time uploading identical screenshots in the future.

joe-ilya
Vortininja

Post by joe-ilya »

Alright, I looked through this thread and didn't see this bug mentioned :

In the main map, when you bump into lazer beams or something and the dialog passes ; all the digits in the scorebox dissappear. :bloody
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Keening_Product wrote:Levellass found that tile issue on Page 5: viewtopic.php?t=3536&postdays=0&postord ... x&start=60
someone else also found that tile issue on Page 4 as well: https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?p=792 ... rox.#79250
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

When will a new version be released?