Marooned on Mars - Galaxy Mod

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Keening_Product wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:Nice one but too fast and hectic in my eyes. The final level needs a calmer and more dangerous track imo
Too Hot.

Every level should feature Too Hot.
You mean like UFO or Kool And The Gang?
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

BlueGasMask wrote:It's taken forever but I've finally finished a track designed for the final level!

You can download it here and if you like it you can go to my Soundcloud and give it a like/repost.
To be honest, it sounds a bit like it could fit into a Mega Man game more than a Keen game. I'm pretty sure not many Keen tracks have a quick tempo like that, at least none that spring to mind. Still it's a good bit of music.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

BlueGasMask wrote:It's taken forever but I've finally finished a track designed for the final level!

You can download it here and if you like it you can go to my Soundcloud and give it a like/repost.
Hammond organ hero! May I call you Dr Frese?!
I'm wondering how it sounds when converted to IMF.

If I had one wish, could you also reinterpret the next 30seconds of this song? Klaus Wunderlich - Sound 2000 (click me)
Last edited by Nisaba on Sun May 08, 2016 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
out now (link) : Image
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Nisaba wrote: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MoffD wrote:[Too Hot] you mean like UFO or Kool And The Gang?
Too Hot like TOO HOT like Robert "Bobby" Prince, III!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
./troll returned (EXIT_SUCCESS)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

time warp

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MoffD wrote:[Too Hot] you mean like UFO or Kool And The Gang?
Too Hot like TOO HOT like Robert "Bobby" Prince, III!

BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Tormentor667 wrote:Nice one but too fast and hectic in my eyes. The final level needs a calmer and more dangerous track imo
ye I was going for a track that let's you know, like, "this is it. everything has come down to this: your last trial."

maybe i went too hard on this one. I prepped for this track by playing a lot of deep purple, the who, the doors, and music from Earthbound, doom, and undertale, so that's probably shifted it away from the general theme of the game. I was also aiming for this, because it is my favourite thing in video games. nothing gets me more psyched.

Edit: also, it's funny. I checked the tempo and it's supposed to be slower than Tight Fit. Though only by 6bpm. But that begs the question, if this track is too fast then does Tight Fit need to be slowed down?
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

BlueGasMask wrote:Edit: also, it's funny. I checked the tempo and it's supposed to be slower than Tight Fit. Though only by 6bpm. But that begs the question, if this track is too fast then does Tight Fit need to be slowed down?
Weirdly no, I think the jazz style kinda creates the illusion of a swing beat and I tend to fell a swing beat sounds slower than it actually is.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

For me, I've always had a hard time imagining anything other than Mars Bringer of War for that last level (as was used in CKGenius). Sure it's copyrighted and already used in Keen 5, but it's too good an opportunity to pass up. Though, the last level's visual design might be a little too lighthearted right now to fit with that music.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
GoldenRishi
Vortininja

Post by GoldenRishi »

The YouTube videos make this look pretty awesome, Dr.Colossus. I'll have to sit down and play this.
(Used to be LordofGlobox)
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Also I turned Almost Out Of Breath into a disco piece oops Soundcloud link coming soon

Called it Breath Control because you have to get the joystick controller and I love puns
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

in dulci iubilo. placet eam sors!
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Uploading more as I type. Though whether the music is okay or not I guess is at the discretion of the large medical professional. 8)

Breath Control MP3 on Soundcloud

Clean Sweep MIDI on Drive
Clean Sweep MP3 on Soundcloud
Dr.Colossus
Vortininja

Post by Dr.Colossus »

Thanks for the music.

Like others said before, "all become ever clear" is a bit too hectic. It would rather perfectly fit in a Biomenace mod.

"Breath control" and "Clean sweep" are beautiful and are really cool Keen songs. :drool
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Dr.Colossus wrote:Thanks for the music.

Like others said before, "all become ever clear" is a bit too hectic. It would rather perfectly fit in a Biomenace mod.

"Breath control" and "Clean sweep" are beautiful and are really cool Keen songs. :drool
Thanks. If you need a specific number of tracks, let me know and I'll work my way through stuff.

Also, Clean Sweep doesn't really fit Ice City but it fits Treasury? I'm confus?
Suppawer
Vortininja

Post by Suppawer »

There have been many good suggestions (graphics, music).
I can not wait for a new update by Dr.Colossus : )