Keen in Onward: Silcar

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
tulip
Flower Pot

Keen in Onward: Silcar

Post by tulip »

Helloww,
Finally this forum is working for me...

Here's some links to my mod for all you guys not familiar with keenmodding.org:

Silcar 1 - Nightmare before Teatime
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ikxpcudszs3

Silcar 2 - Flee from Fleet
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogv0fhulq19

Feel free to download and spread!

Note that there will be an update of all my mods with some bugs fixed when I release my third mod, so stay tuned...
Last edited by tulip on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Hey, finally...

Here is my new mod together with updated versions 1.3 of my first two mods

Silcar 1 1.3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ikxpcudszs3

Silcar 2 1.3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogv0fhulq19

Silcar 3 1.0:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5a9r1zrosjs

Have fun!
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Just blitzed through these, pretty good.

Episode 1's story was amusing, I particularly liked Keen using the keen wiki, and the cake theme. The tiles, while an odd assortment, were drawn well for the most part. I played through this (and the other two) with cheats on, I'm not really a fan of long levels and don't have that kind of patience and perseverance ;)

Episode two has much of the same going on for levels. A lot of them are just levels filled with stuff. I know its a space ship, but in the future work on the environment. Again, not a fan of big levels, I generally prefer one or two major challenges in a level and most everything else being somewhat straight forward. I did like, however, the level where the Salc's with lasers started right next to keen on the other side of that one way barrier. Scared the crap out of me, even with cheats on. And speaking of the salc's with the lasers, they're my favorite, nice job animating them and I like the way their laser shot functions.

Episode 3 had some great patches, I particularly liked how the Jack was slowed down to make a much more usable enemy. Also the ankh for flying was nifty. And finally the last level was nice sized and fairly original use for the Mangling Machine hands and feet.

Well done, looking forward to your future work :)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Thanks, I appreciate these words from my modding idol, without you I might not even have started modding.
I played through all your mods, and I think Zapping the Zot is my favourite.
By the way I'm still working on Tribulation of the Yorps, besides other stuff, so eventually your first trilogy will be completed.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

tulip wrote:Thanks, I appreciate these words from my modding idol, without you I might not even have started modding.
I played through all your mods, and I think Zapping the Zot is my favourite.
By the way I'm still working on Tribulation of the Yorps, besides other stuff, so eventually your first trilogy will be completed.
I think I read somewhere you began work on Onward: Silcar 4: The Civilization Inside. Was it going to be a Keen 4 mod?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

No, Silcar 4 is almost finished, but is a Keen1 mod, because what I had in mind fitted Keen1 a lot more. You don't have to pick up the 4 items to finish the game, though, there's gona be a change.
I already started Silcar 5 which is a Keen 5 mod, if that gives you hope.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

oooooooh, these are good :evil
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

tulip wrote:No, Silcar 4 is almost finished, but is a Keen1 mod, because what I had in mind fitted Keen1 a lot more. You don't have to pick up the 4 items to finish the game, though, there's gona be a change.
I already started Silcar 5 which is a Keen 5 mod, if that gives you hope.
Yes, it gives me hope. But I think I would rather play your series in full and in sequence before jumping to Onward: Silcar 5. Unfortunately, with so many mods and levelpacks to play, especially the 17 I already have, I do not think I will get to your series anytime soon, sad to say.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Thank you, jonnyspeight. It's funny how I posted these months ago, just now the thread gets some posts.
It's true Sylly, that there are so many mods to play, I started years ago, and I haven't finished all of 'em. And I've just now started to play some level packs (I do it the other way round). But if you get around playing my mods I hope you'll enjoy them.
I don't like the leveldesign for the first one too much anymore, so don't get set off by it, the sequels are better.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

i always wanted to make me own fan keen game, but im terrible at all the game programming rubbishness, yeha im absolutely :barf
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Finally I had the time and motivation, as I have been so unfocused, to play through Silcar 2. It was a fine mod! No complaint on any sector, the graphics and levels were good, and some nice patching there as well. The scrub replacement has very nice animations, the way it climbs around. Now I'll (once I get started... slowly...) play the third.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Question: How do you get to the guy on level 3? He's over a pit of flames :stoned
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yeah, that was cruel, He's just for filling the blank space, you can't get there. The whole level is a bit weird now that I think about it, and I find it hardest to play...
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Hey, I'm running the KEEN2.EXE in Silcar2 and something's totally wrong. I fall through tiles that look like they should be solid, and tiles that look like they're just background are solid. I know it's not right because a lot of stuff is inaccessable and I have no boundaries in the space map. What did I do wrong?
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

You need to run the .bat file. That will run CKPatch with the patch file, which changes tile properties among (many) other things.