Buried in Oblivion

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Nisaba
Vorticon Elite

Re: Buried in Oblivion

Post by Nisaba » Mon Jul 23, 2018 22:30

Tesseract wrote:So, I finally got some time for keening again and played through @Nisaba 's Buried in Oblivion compilation mappack. Pretty strong levels overall!
Some of the pyramids were true challenges with very intricate layouts - just how I always remembered the vanilla ones (even though in reality, the originals were pretty easy).
Notable mention goes to excellent Nisaba's large cavern level, where you hunt for 4 keys to assemble the inchworms.
The combination of Miragia with underwater section was neat too, even though it seemed there are some areas where you cannot return back from.
Ultimately, only really weak spot I saw was on the worldmap - you can get stuck on the right part of the map if you don't realize you can walk through the caverns. If new version would be released at some point, I recommend moving the exit from the caverns much closer, so it is on screen.
Also, I got around to play Sunnylands - in case someone haven't played it yet, Quinton managed to absolutely perfectly match Keen 4 difficulty level there, which is IMO very rare.
thanks for your detailed feedback. I appreciate your suggestions. But please tell me: which version did you use for you play through? v.1.0 or v.1.1? I'm asking cause I fixed a couple of things, for eg the points of no return in 'Miragia'...
I see what you mean with that worldmap issue. Would you say that the Princess Lindsey hints are way too cryptic to understand what's going on there?
"We have come to conquer you all and bring you lots of candy!" | about me | my current project: play Keen mods on a GameBoy |

Nisaba
Vorticon Elite

Re: Buried in Oblivion

Post by Nisaba » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:37

Dear Community,

Buried in Oblivion v.1.2 is out now: http://www.shikadi.net/wiki/files/Packs ... -10-10.zip

Log:
  • reduced backtracking / better door placement
  • precaution to prevent a possible Bounder-Pole-Door-Glitch
  • bug fixes (dead end traps)
  • typo

have fun!

ps.:
on request I'm happy to fix mods from other members as well... just saying.
"We have come to conquer you all and bring you lots of candy!" | about me | my current project: play Keen mods on a GameBoy |