Keen 1 with inverted colours

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Keen 1 with inverted colours

Post by szemi »

Title says it all! Keen 1 in inverted colour mod. :)

Enjoy: https://youtu.be/8xBH6KdRaIk

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwi3fuve5swtt ... l.zip?dl=0
Yeah, piece of cake!
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen 1 with inverted colours

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Let's just ignore the fact that you can probably create an "inverted colours" mod just by patching the game's palette instead of modifying the graphics...

Your readme.txt should mention that your mod files need the original data and level files in order to work.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 23:12 Your readme.txt should mention that your mod files need the original data and level files in order to work.
Was this question serious?

The files that contains the modifications are all in the zip file, except the level files, since no levels were edited for example. In short: unedited files are not included in the zip file of course. Get it?
Anyway, for your favour: download Keen 1, then download this inverted colour mod and overwrite the original files with the inverted mod files.
Was it too hard to understand or what? I'm sure it was... :)

As for the palette/graphic: sorry, I only inverted the colours in the pictures and there wasn't any graphic modification.
Yeah, piece of cake!
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

It wasn't hard to understand for me, but that doesn't mean everybody else will be able to figure out how to play your mod.

Take a step back and re-read the title of this thread. Then re-read the only piece of information in your zip archive. Notice there's something missing? The words "modification" or "mod", perhaps? The title suggests it's the full game with a mod. But it isn't, it's just the mod.

One would have to know what files are usually present in Keen1 AND notice that some of those files are missing in your zip archive. You are assuming that everybody will know and notice this on their own. And while this might be true for the majority of people posting on this form, you are severely limiting your target audience just by being lazy and omitting proper instructions.

Would it be too hard to add a few lines in your readme.txt or what? I'm sure it's not... :dopekeen especially since you basically just did that in your reply to my post.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 21:27 Would it be too hard to add a few lines in your readme.txt or what? I'm sure it's not... :dopekeen especially since you basically just did that in your reply to my post.
When I finished this colour inverting, it was after midnight. But don't worry, I can update the txt file whenever I can. :)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This can be achieved by a simple palette patch; I'm not sure what this accomplishes if it's just the original game with swapped colors. It's mildly amusing yes, but not really even a levelpack.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Levellass wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 It's mildly amusing yes, but not really even a levelpack.
Midly amusing? Sorry for having fun with inverting the colours. Is it problem? Nope, definitely not.
Oh, and sorry, some people (I don't tell who they are) said that it is cool. So I'm in advantage :)

It's like: 5 likes and 2 dislikes. Haa!

And not least I could criticize, too. For example Levellord's mods (but that's a minor example).
Yeah, piece of cake!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Levellass wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01mildly amusing
+1
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

keenmaster486 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 17:02
+1
Yeah, piece of cake!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

szemi wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 21:42
keenmaster486 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 17:02
+1
=0 ?
out now (link) : Image
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

Instead of doing this here inverted colors that does not interest anyone, why not fix the block that has the keen10, which have been 3 years since you have to do it?
Or you, or better still Levelass, since the block, depends from after she has put the hands in this game, since the same thing of this block when keen use the doors transporters, happens also in the mod of the Dr. Colossus: Marooned on Mars - Galaxy mod, from after also here, she has modified the mod.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

robertl81 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:22 Instead of doing this here inverted colors that does not interest anyone, why not fix the block that has the keen10, which have been 3 years since you have to do it?
I want to say three things about it:

1. Doesn't interest anyone? I highly contradict. There are interests, you just don't know and I'm deadly serious.
2. I told you some things about Keen 10 3 years ago.
3. I have other things to do.
Yeah, piece of cake!
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

szemi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44
It seems me that they are 3 years what you keep on that you have other things to do, and the bugs, has never been corrected.
I can not understand why you want to leave the game in suspended with this defect here, yet it is a beautiful game, that would deserve a version without blocks.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

robertl81 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 15:15
szemi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44
It seems me that they are 3 years what you keep on that you have other things to do, and the bugs, has never been corrected.
I can not understand why you want to leave the game in suspended with this defect here, yet it is a beautiful game, that would deserve a version without blocks.
I'm a human, not robot. On the other hand, from what do you think I leave the game in suspended with this defect here?
As for Keen 10, I'll must redo the Martinez character cast sometimes.
Yeah, piece of cake!
robertl81
Vortininja

Post by robertl81 »

szemi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 15:23 On the other hand, from what do you think I leave the game in suspended with this defect here?
From the fact I do not see that you are going to fix this bugs here, at a distance of 3 years that has been reported, in addition to the fact that I see you take care of all other projects, considering therefore the keen 10, a closed project definitely (with this bugs).