The MrBlackPack - A NEW Keen 3 Level Pack

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

LOL, I got it now guys. I had tried standing on the far left of the platform, but I had not yet tried standing on the far right - it doesn't look like it would work, but it does.

edit: Okay, I've found what I'm pretty sure is a bug in this level. Just past the place where I was having all those issues is a red door. You can walk into the door (without the key), 'bounce off', and go partially through the wall to your right.

Image Image Image

Also, later in the level, do you realize that you don't *have* to take the elevator behind the waterfall? You can go up through the left narrower waterfall by standing on the higher floor just to the left, and pogoing up at an angle to the right. Was this intentional?

Image Image
Last edited by ckguy on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:13, edited 3 times in total.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:......How the fucling garg are you supposed to get back?? The two raygun things are timed to fall directly on the moving platform on its way to the left. Am I missing something here?
Often times the lasers do hit the goplat, but never usually dead center. Either one of the lasers usually hit one side or other which means all you usually have to do to avoid them is to move Keen to the safe side of the goplat. I do not usually die here. I usually die at the 2 stuffed toy Vortininjas immediately below. Why? Because I am a greedy Garg! :garg
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:LOL, I got it now guys. I had tried standing on the far left of the platform, but I had not yet tried standing on the far right - it doesn't look like it would work, but it does.
Ooops, coincidentally you posted before I did. So I guess my advice was a little too late. Sorry, I tried to help.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Thanks. Yeah, on a whim I decided, hey maybe this time I'll stand on the right side of the platform, and it worked. :D
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

I finally beat every level. I love how there's never anything that's too unfair, so I never got too overwhelmed or discouraged. Almost every time I died it was because of something stupid I did, and not because of bad level design.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

@Mr. Black:

I have question. Are your levels packed or unpacked? I'm trying to get them run on CKP, but there are still errors when I load it. The tiles on the map are not correctly set.

How did you edit "level80.ck3" (The map)?

Is this file compressed or uncompressed?
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:......edit: Okay, I've found what I'm pretty sure is a bug in this level. Just past the place where I was having all those issues is a red door. You can walk into the door (without the key), 'bounce off', and go partially through the wall to your right......
I found a possible bug similar to that in the Sewer (Cape Canavorta). At first, I had trouble get past the Jack Ball and one of the times I was using the pogo, The Jack Ball hit me and actually knocked me right through the ceiling and into the small room above (which is where I wanted to go in the first place). I never encountered your "door bug" because I always had the keycard for that door by the time I got to it.
......Also, later in the level, do you realize that you don't *have* to take the elevator behind the waterfall? You can go up through the left narrower waterfall by standing on the higher floor just to the left, and pogoing up at an angle to the right. Was this intentional?......
If this was Shikadi we were talking about, I would say it was intentional. Death to the Vorticons has dozens of these type of jumps throughout the mod. This is the first levelpack I have played from Mr. Black, and the jump you just documented is the first time I ever seen such a jump in this levelpack. So it is possible he did not think of it when he created this level. I am sure he will answer your question soon.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Sylly, you sound like a real Scholar. Citing secondary sources, and speaking of "documented" :)
Image You crack me up little buddy!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

I have released another fix for the windows version.

Post by gerstrong »

I had no time to make a real update, so for a sneak preview, this version of CKP.

I want to show you, that the Level packs of Mr. Black are supported now and can be played without pain (I hope).

please try it out and have fun!

A better version with more fixed bugs will be released soon!

it is called "ckpwin-v0197-fixed2.zip"

http://clonekeenplus.sourceforge.net/

:-)
matonen
Vortininja

Post by matonen »

These are probably the best keen levels i have ever played!
I have now completed all levels except cave level and mortimers castle.
I have only one complaint: the jump in the cave is just too hard! (you know which jump im talking about)
I tried to train the jump with god mode, but for me, its just luck if i make that jump. I either go too far or not far enough!

I think this jump really shouldnt be because its too frustrating and you have to do it pixel perfect. Keen isnt all about that!

Could you please somehow fix this? Like give me one more square of space to jump?

All the other levels have been really fun :)
You have made good use of ankhs and placed the enemys well. That cave level is really my only complaint.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

I now have 12 levels completed in this levelpack. What I have left is the Castle of the Grand Intellect, old Caves of Oblivion, the secret level, and one level left on the Military Installation Island. The level that I am stuck on right now is the level CK Guy posted screenshots of at the top of this page. The reason I am stuck is because I just cannot seem to stop making stupid mistakes.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I can't play this on account of needing a stupid Keen3 EXE file :dead
Yeah, I have the game on steam, but not actually on my computer. Since I bought it already it wouldn't be pirating, but I just can't find it out there on the internet (or put enough effort into looking) :dopefish
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:I can't play this on account of needing a stupid Keen3 EXE file :dead
Yeah, I have the game on steam, but not actually on my computer. Since I bought it already it wouldn't be pirating, but I just can't find it out there on the internet (or put enough effort into looking) :dopefish
I sent you a PM. :)
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

*cough* my website -> downloads -> keen collective *cough*
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

CK Guy wrote:*cough* my website -> downloads -> keen collective *cough*
Heh. That's what I sent him the link to.
Just didn't want to post it directly in the forum... cause knowing my luck, I'd be the one who Id decides to sue. :disguised