The MrBlackPack - A NEW Keen 3 Level Pack

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:Hee hee, nice avatar allstories.
Syllypryde wrote:Mr. Black: I noticed there is a castle on an island all by itself. It is level playable? If so, how do you reach it?
:confused ... Messie?
That is what I thought at first. Like in the original Keen 3, Messie picks you up at the Island of the Grand Intellect and takes you to the Secret Island. But she does not take you to this newly added island. There is no opening to walk onto the land. I have yet to find some secret path in any of the other levels that leads me to this island and when you try to enter the castle, the game does not let you. That is why I was asking if this new "secret" level was playable and how to get to it. I had to use God Mode to get to it.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I had not noticed that super secret island before! I used god mode to reach it but it doesn't seem to recognize the level number you used for it or something. Very odd...

I will write a more full review of the levelpack, once I've finished playing it :D
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

There's no existing level for the small island. It seems like it's just world map scenery or a relic of something they were going to make but didn't.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

ARGGHAGHFGSFDS

THIS JUMP

fucl THIS JUMP

GOD DAMNIT :bloody

I've spent two hours on this level and I cannot for the life of me make this jump. I know that it's technically possible by pogoing at the right moment but it's so taxing just to get to that point again and again without dying.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Allstories wrote:ARGGHAGHFGSFDS

THIS JUMP

fucl THIS JUMP

GOD DAMNIT :bloody

I've spent two hours on this level and I cannot for the life of me make this jump. I know that it's technically possible by pogoing at the right moment but it's so taxing just to get to that point again and again without dying.
It looks to me like you need to get a running start then tap the pogo key right at the edge. I have not made it that far yet, but something tells me that maybe I do not want to! :dead2
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

You can do it without pogo, I never used pogo in that. In fact, it might be only more difficult with pogo... Go to the edge, lightly tap the jump button and hold right.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

KeenRush wrote:You can do it without pogo, I never used pogo in that. In fact, it might be only more difficult with pogo... Go to the edge, lightly tap the jump button and hold right.
Like I had said, I have not made it that far yet. I was just going by the screenshot. I have completed the first 5 levels, basically, the levels that replaced the first 5 levels of the original Keen. I have skimmed through all the other levels and from the little I saw from each level, I am in for some challenges.

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
MrBlack
Vortininja

Post by MrBlack »

Syllypryde wrote:Mr. Black: I noticed there is a castle on an island all by itself. It is level playable? If so, how do you reach it?
Oh, haha I forgot to take that out didn't I.

It was a test at creating an actual NEW level, to see if I could actually include more levels than the original... alas, it didn't work lol.

You'd have to use God Mode to get over to it lol

As for that jump, I strongly suggest not using pogo. I didn't have problem with it when I was testing, but then again I'm pretty confident in my Keen jumping ability. If it's bothering you that much, getting that far and dying because of the jump, God Mode over! No reason why a single little jump should stop you from playing the rest of the level! (By the way that's one of my brother's levels, I had to edit his levels most for being too difficult...)

So, I'll edit that, thanks for pointing it out!

Levelpacks by me
Keen 3
Keen 4
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Syllypryde wrote:Like I had said, I have not made it that far yet. ...
I was talking to Allstories. :p
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

KeenRush wrote:I was talking to Allstories. :p
Well, at least I will know what to do when I finally get there!
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
MrBlack
Vortininja

Post by MrBlack »

Is this better?

Levelpacks by me
Keen 3
Keen 4
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

Ah, I don't think that'll be necessary. I think I can do it, now that I know how. :crazy
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

It just occured to me while playing through this...I'm not sure I've seen a single foob in the entire game! :O
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

StupidBunny wrote:It just occured to me while playing through this...I'm not sure I've seen a single foob in the entire game! :O
I did not notice any Foobs either.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Who kidnapped my pretties!?