Planet Cloudius IX

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Re: Planet Cloudius IX

Post by DarkAle »

Hurray :D
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

DarkAle wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 14:37Hurray :D
Well, you've found everything else, so I might as well let you know that the two bonus levels are located in the jungle area on the world map. Just run around near the Jungle Post, hitting the CTRL button constantly, and you'll find them. There's not much in them at the moment.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Hey there,
Look at my gameplays of this game here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKqnBe ... FXsp9agiiA
The quality isn't the best but I hope you'll like them
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Try to increase the video bitrate to 12000-15000 in the output options and see if it gets better. Or maybe your PC is not powerful enough.
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Ah yeeeeeaaah :p
Cranking this game up today!
Is my IQ negative -314?
Still hanging and swinging in Big Derpp Burger, trying to open the lid... HALP!
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

So this morning I was able to get into an area just above Golden Beaches. I'd been searching for that secret level. I'd completed 1UP and was loading a game from before and after, attempting to spot any differences on the map. I got a message saying "You are not supposed to be here" as I snuck in from the right but could not get past the thong...
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Jazzy Jackrabbits! Found secret level 5! Was loading between 3 different saved games so not quite sure how but the previous posts helped.
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Um...happy to have been of assistance? :lol I was kind of a jerk about it to DarkAle, but I was trying to respect Roobar's wishes to not have the secret level locations outright spoiled for people.
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Whilst I'm bingeing on IX, suppose I should ask if anyone has encountered any secrets within secret level #5?!

I have met the pelican, not sure what the secret chime is for yet. There's what looks like a wooden platform and door above the giant wooden structure (with 4 upright platforms to the right) but so far unable to reach it.
Does the weird looking sign mean anything? What is that?
What about the movable block near the start of the level?
I've left one critter alive and now just exploring...
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

I'm halfway about secrets revealed.

Nothing worse than reading the walkthrough or turning on the cheat keys and playing first up. I like to start on normal mode (if it's a keen 4 type game, easy for keen 5 coz it's tougher) and beat the game; no candy chasing or looking too hard for secrets. Just beat the game and get into the story.
Later phases are when I try and get all the easter eggs, secret levels, candy etc. A thorough search of each level to really appreciate the creator's work.

After dozens of hours playing this game I think it's only right to have a forum you can come to and scratch heads together. Subtle clues are fine.

Like I said in a post above I still can't get below grate on the Big Derpp Burger level. Driving me bonkers! There's gotta be something simple I've missed! I try shooting or pogo on certain things, trying to time it when the lizards tongue pokes out! That's how crazy it's getting. Do I eat the huge burger? Shoot it? I even tried re-translating the French at the start in case it revealed a clue. :x
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Since I've found these secrets, and outright telling people where they are is now acceptable on this thread, I may as well let you know how to reach them.

Once you reach the pelican on Battle Island, return to the beginning of the level. Try taking a leap of faith into the water to the left of where you started the level. Note that this jump isn't possible to make before getting to the pelican.

Big Durrp Burger is actually pretty simple once you figure it out. Go ahead and eat the burger. Try hanging around near where you exit the level, and be sure to look up for a few seconds. You should notice something that's not immediately apparent if you're just playing normally...
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Thanks. I just found out Derpp Burger earlier lol. Well gosh I never saw that hey! But is that it? A few 100 points below?

As for the leap of faith. I'd already tried that. But died. So I will investigate this further. Don't think I'd done it after the pelican. What cool noises it makes!

Yeah this game rules!
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

stayfrosty wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:33 Thanks. I just found out Derpp Burger earlier lol. Well gosh I never saw that hey! But is that it? A few 100 points below?
If you only got 200 points out of it, you definitely missed something.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Yeah, you actually missed quite a bit. Let's just say that it's very possible to die on that level if you intend to 100% it.
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Lower IQ than 314 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:38 Yeah, you actually missed quite a bit. Let's just say that it's very possible to die on that level if you intend to 100% it.
Argggggghhhhh!