Planet Cloudius IX

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Re: Planet Cloudius IX

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Megalyth wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:48 Is the music available for download anywhere, or is there a way to extract it from the game files?
Yes.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Megalyth
Grunt

Post by Megalyth »

Whoops, nevermind, I'm a :dopefish
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

to make things visible:
stayfrosty wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:20 Anybody know how to get to this switch in the Ancient Ruins?

out now (link) : Image
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Just play the level until you reach the exit, then return to this switch. You can reach the switch from the right (where the red balloon is in this screenshot).

Spoiler:
Picking up the cystal shard is what opens the way to the switch. The switch itself opens a gate in the hidden pyramid. If you haven't found the entrance to that pyramid, then flipping the switch is somewhat pointless.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Oh no way! Thanks! That was a tricky one!

But now what to do? I've gone around the map 10 times now and can't see any noticible changes. I think there may be something at the top of the level. If I look up I can just see the bottom of a moving spiked grass block.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Did you read the spoiler in my previous message? The text is tiny, so you'll have to either copy and paste the text into notepad or click the "quote" button and read it that way.

Cryptic clue:
There is more to this level than you might be aware of. But if you've already collected all the items in the level, it will be difficult to break new ground. The items point the way.

Spoiler:
There's a big arrow made out of chocolate bars, between two pillars at the ground level. Use your pogo to break the rock. But beware: there's no turning back!
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
stayfrosty
Vortininja

Post by stayfrosty »

Such a hidden nugget I'd have never found without help.

This is one of the best games I've ever played! The soundtrack alone... I could bang on at a club and be in heaven!!!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Hey thanks! I think this is one of most flattering comments I've red about the game and its music. You're awesome dude! 👍
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster here. I realize this is bumping a thread that's a few months old, but I don't think this game gets nearly the attention it deserves. It's one of the best that I've played in a long while, and I've only beaten it on the easiest difficulty setting. I loved Guardian Post 2; the Dangerous Dave easter egg was really nostalgic for me, and the music was way cool.

I'm in the middle of a medium difficulty playthrough right now, and I was wondering what the prerequisites were for reaching the fifth and sixth secret levels. The Secret Agent secret levels were pretty easy to find, and Drawing wasn't too hard to reach, either. 1UP was a bit trickier, but I managed. However, I haven't the slightest clue how to reach the last two. Would someone be kind enough to share?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Hey thanks!

So if you've found the 1UP level, you're half-way finding the 5-th secret level. Be sure to take a closer inspection of the beach world map section. There's a slight hint that pops-out after finishing the 1UP level, but you have to watch for it thoroughly. After you find it, there's a bit more exploration to do, but at that point I think you'll figure out the rest.

The sixt secret level is actually not accessible with ordinary methods.

Btw, if you're replaying the game, I suggest you wait 1 more week, when on 14.03 I'll release a new update for the game 🏴‍☠️ :O :pogo
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Roobar wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 20:25 Btw, if you're replaying the game, I suggest you wait 1 more week, when on 14.03 I'll release a new update for the game
YESSSSSS
Looking forward to that!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

Wow, that's awesome!

Currently, I've saved my game after beating every level except for the fifth secret map--which I still haven't found--and the final level, so I've no idea what might have changed on the beach section of the world map after beating 1UP. Does it have anything to do with that beach ball mysteriously bobbing up and down in the sand next to 1UP?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

@Lower IQ than 314: No, it's not there. There's something other to look at.

1. A new version (1.2.0) is out! Go check it out: https://gamejolt.com/games/PCIX/365252 :pirate
Unfortunately, the old saves won't work with this new version. The thing is, when you load a saved game, it will load the old version of the world map. I'm sorry. (maybe K1n9_Duk3 could implement a key or a combination of keys that would reload a tileset/level?)

2. There's more! Let's make a community level pack! The best level will get $30 via PayPal!
So if anyone is interested in making levels, now is the time to get involved. I'm releasing a level pack edition of PCIX with all the graphic assets, actors and a few predefined levels to get started. Download the pack with an example level here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5s5y3j4nacp5 ... O7S1a?dl=0

The rules for your submissions are:
- Your level(s) must be beatable and tiled properly.
- You can submit more than 1 level, though your best level would probably be nominated (if there are many submissions).
- You can use your own music (or royalty free music with credits to the author). You cannot use copyrighted music.
- You can add your background(s). You cannot use backgrounds from other games.
- You can even start your own tileset, but then you'll probably won't have time, thus I don't recommend that.
- Adding new tiles to existing tilesets is not allowed, unless really, really necessary.

Note: you may need to keep your level(s) simple and not overly complicated or too big in order to finish it(them) in time.

If there are enough submissions, I will release them all in one level pack. The winner will be decided by voting and will win $30. If only 1 level is submitted, then there will be no voting and the 1 submitted level will still win the prize. The best level(s) may also be included in a future version of PCIX itself. I may as well modify them to blend well in the game. The deadline is May 1st.

3. I'm also starting a programming contest. If you explore the level pack package, you'll find that there's also some minigame graphic assets in the Scripts subfolder for a Sky Invaders game. There's a screenshot inside which shows how the end result should look. If you manage to make a game using the Lua scripting language that looks like in the screenshot and plays like space invaders, you'll win $40! If you decide to make that game, you need to write here because there's only 1 prize available. Your game would be included in a future version of the game.

Update: A submission of such mini game has been already made.

Happy keenday and be safe in this corona virus pandemic situation...
Last edited by Roobar on Sun Mar 22, 2020 19:51, edited 8 times in total.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Yay! Downloading now. I haven't played through the entire game but I'm eager-beaver to begin from the start and see it through till the end. That way I'll have a much better understanding on how levels are built because if I can figure out how to use the level editor I'd be glad to contribute to the levelpack idea. Should have a few videos up in the coming days. Thanks, Roo!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!